All reviewsmain buildingfull kitchenbedroom condolake hamiltonhealth clublake activitiesoverlooking the lakedecent sizeoutdoor poolthe ground floorlaundry roommemorial day weekendwould stay here againdowntown hot springsboat dockshort driveup to date
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Just walked in from a trip cut short by the "general manager" of Sunbay Resort in Hot Springs Arkansas. My mom an owner of a condo at Sunbay since 1981 myself and my daughter went to spend Spring Break at Sunbay. We paid an exchange fee since her week is in November. When we arrived the condo smelled of mildew so we called the office and they brought over air fresher and an air purifier. The front desk did offer to move us that evening but with it raining we chose to stay and see if it faded. The next morning when we went to shower in the master there was hair in the shower and mold on the tile in front of the shower. We called housekeeping and 3 hours and another call later they came to clean it. In the meantime we went and bought cleaning supplies. We made a list of things to discuss with the manager in hopes of making sunbay a better place to stay, as an owner we thought we should point these things out. We went to a elderly mans office who claimed to be the "general manager with no one above him" and instead of listening and trying to make suggestions on how to correct it he ask what condos we had stayed in before and rudely said name them. When I started naming them my daughter said this doesn't matter it is about what is going on here. He said with that attitude we don't want you here. He said "take your bitc*hing somewhere else and get out of my damn office". He said "don't comeback we don't want you here". Remember my mother is an owner of a condo here.. I want to know who is above the employees in that building and make sure he doesn't speak to guests that way again, if he would speak to an owner that way I don't know how he would treat a paying guest. I can't even explain how shocked we all were that he behaved that way, he even jumped up and slid his chair back as to jump in our faces. I really feel sorry for the employees that work with him. There is so much more to this but I know nothing will be done. So I am wasting my time. Never will stay again and will try to sell if not give it back. No one should be treated this way. There was so much more said to us I can't even list it all. It does bother me that myself, mother and daughter were spoken to this way. The parking lot at the condo was completely empty except for our car, but the above explains that. See additional list of issues with the condo below:

Sliding glass door and track so filthy the door would not slide easily.
Jacuzzi tub smelled of mold.
Bug crawling in shower 3rd day.
Kitchen items old and out dated, silverware plates etc.
Mold under bathroom sink where the towels were kept.
Chest in 2nd bedroom leaning back uneven and broken.
Glass doors not cleaned.
Outdated box Tvs.
Dust on ceiling fans and thick behind tv.
Interior doors have paint chipping off.
Leaking behind master toilet.
Shower curtain in 2nd room had mold, housekeeping did replace that.
Wifi would work if you stood outside on the deck and turned toward the hotel but not inside, if it is hot or cold you are out of luck.
Living room and 2nd bedroom furniture old and dirty, also outdated.
Mattresses have to have been there since the 80's.
Maintence workers walking around all over grounds smoking. Walking through the lobby, smoking while cleaning the pool.
One good note, the maintance guy that brought the air purifier and the lady at the front desk were nice to us.

Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else in Hot Springs besides Sunbay Resort!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
14  Thank Subclassed
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband was able to get a last minute Valentine's night room which included a fireplace and jacuzzi tub! The bed was one of the most comfortable that I have slept in at a resort, but that was only after spending the night drinking wine and eating cheesecake-filled chocolate covered strawberries by the fire! What a treat!

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa A, right next to the Backporch Bar and Grill...the top floor has great skylights!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brandi C
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was our second visit to SunBay Resort. The receptionist wasn't very helpful like the first visit. They seem preoccupied with themselves than with the guest. However, the unit we stay in was clean and well kept. The kitchen was sufficient but if you have children, you'll have to wash the dishes quite often. The pots and pans were workable. Don't expect Kitchen Aid quality. The television in the living area was an old one but the master bedroom was a HDTV with a small screen. The master bathroom was perfectly fine. The information packet definitely needs to be updated and printed on better quality paper. Although they didn't advertise their activities, we attended two of them: ice cream social and the potluck meal. We enjoyed chatting with the other guest. The pool was fine. The social coordinator was very friendly and very helpful.

Access to the freeway and to the stores were within reasonable driving distance. We shopped at Wal-Mart for our food and enjoyed eating at some of their restaurants.

For a couple who wants to get away for the weekend or week, it's good, but for older teenagers, they will find the place boring unless you have planned activities in Hot Spring. .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kings2nT
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed a week in the J units away from the main building. Check in was prompt. The condo was spacious but some furniture and the tvs need update. The kitchen and washer and dryer were a big plus. The J units have a separate pool, which was great for the kids. No spectacular lake view here, but for a family it is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the main complex. The beds were very comfortable, The units have two bedrooms, two baths, and a foldout couch in the living room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank athomeinthepines
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We got Hot Tub Rash (Pseudomonas dermatitis / Folliculitis) after we stayed and used the hot tub inside the condo, during visit in June 2013. These rushes are very very itchy, and all over our body around 20 rashes on both our arms/legs/backs. They took almost a month to get healed.

We do not recommend to use their hot tub. It seems the front desk did not care when we checked out and told this to her.

I suspected bed bug and hired pest control company to investigate my house with their dog. It was not bed bug. It was Hot Tub Rash (Pseudomonas dermatitis / Folliculitis)!

Room Tip: We got itchy hot tub rushes in the condo, which is at the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple