“Good place but I don't know that I would stay here again.”
Review of SunBay Resort

SunBay Resort
Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

First off, my room was great! Updated, clean, comfortable, Great view, but that's where it stopped. Restaurant was not good. Pool was extremely dirty! There was a layer of scum and bugs on top of the pool and I'm surprised the health department doesnt do something. Hot tub was very clean however. It was overall not a bad stay but they need to improve a few things.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Wearj1

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Standard condo that was clean enough but floor plan left a lot to be desired. Second bedroom was directly off public hallway with entry door and room window minimizing privacy and sense of security. Main entrance leading to living room was through galley kitchen.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Deanie1913
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We traveled here for our 35th wedding anniversary and found the 2BR/2Bath villa very quant and quiet. While it was not the most up to date decor or furnishings, they were comfortable. The furnace was very loud when running, and the carpet had seen better days ten years ago, however, I didn't pick the place because it was new. I wanted peace and quiet and alone time with my wife. As far as cleanliness, I've seen a lot better, but it wasn't disgusting either. As older units go, it was in fair shape. As for the remainding attributes of the resort I give it high marks. The inside hot tub and sauna felt great and were not over crowded. The indoor/outdoor pool with gym equipment was also very well outfitted and had several raquet ball courts. The swimming towels were a hastle to get from the front desk every time you wanted to swim, and some times the front desk was closed and we couldn't get towels. Service could have been a little better, but again I was not there for anyone's time but my own. I thought it was a great place especially if one wants time alone with their spouse and some peace and quiet for a change.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you move into the room. Open the hide-a-way couch before you use it to m...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael V
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The location was perfect!! Close to restaurants and to the track We took the $5 shuttle to the track and it waWether right thing to do, they let us off at the front door of the track and picked us up in the same spot. We paid for our stay through Groupon. I am assuming their no care attitude was because we stayed "free". It wasn't free. We stayed in a two room suite that I assume was made by making a door between two old hotel rooms. The carpet looked new but had not been cleaned. The mattresses were old and had a peculiar smell. We went down and asked for another fan to circulate some air and was quickly told "we don't have fans here"! I told her we had one in our room and she said "well then, I don't have any extras". I told her the room reeked and she handed me an small old air purifier machine and walked away. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Melin517
Reviewed January 15, 2012

With temperatures in the low 30's at night, our room was 55 degrees upon check in. Turned on heat, left, returned to discover heat had quit. Finally got hvac guy there who temporarily fixed it (and didn't have confidence himself that it was fixed), left for dinner and returned to find it had quit again. Called front desk about 9pm. Guy said he'd call right back. Never heard from him, nor did anyone answer my calls after that. Finally about 9:45 hvac guy came back. Got it running again. Loud noise in the middle of the night and it quit once again.

No one other than security can be contacted after 9 pm. Contacted manager at 9 am the next morning. She wasn't sympathetic that we'd had the problems nor to the fact that it was too cold to even shower. She couldn't find "documentation" of our problems or proof that the hvac guy had been there. (of course not, the office isn't open past 9 pm!) I told her that I wasn't paying full price for the room. She had to check with general manager and called me back to tell me they'd deduct half of room cost. That was better than nothing, but all of our plans for the evening were delayed waiting on someone to fix the heat (twice, and it still quit again). I wouldn't stay here again because there isn't a 24 hour desk to help with issues.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank love2travel42
Reviewed November 15, 2011

The 2BR/2Bath villa right on the lake was immaculate, comfortable, and very large! And kitchen was well=stocked w/everything. Watched sunsets from the covered deck. Jacuzzi in MBath, fireplace in LR; they even provided the logs. Staff was extra-friendly and helpful. The grounds were tended w/great care; the woman doing it truly loves her work! There's a koi pond and a little stream that runs to the lake. Cyndi was an excellent activities director--and all activities were free. She provided really good area info. All in all, the entire experience was outstanding!! I would definitely return there on my next trip to Hot Springs!

Room Tip: definitel get a villa
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank JOANNE V
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed in a condo for a week. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room was very dated, but spotlessly clean. Next time we will stay in the Villas, because they have been completely renovated. Sunbay provides a dock for parking your boat or fishing. So nice to just walk down and get on our boat anytime we felt the urge! The location is perfect. The front of Sunbay is close to to the best shopping and dining in Hot Springs, while the back is on Lake Hamilton. We are thinking of making this a annual thing. (We usually don't like to stay at the same place more than once, because there are just to many places to go).

Room Tip: Villas are newer.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family