“Wonderful Hampton Inn”

Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Frisco, Texas
“Wonderful Hampton Inn”
Reviewed March 18, 2006

Hampton Inns generally never disappoint. But this one went above and beyond. The staff was incredibly friendly. They were full, but still found a room for me (when I showed up and realized that the reservations agent had mistakenly booked me in Arkadelphia, not Hot Springs). I met the owner and his wife. They've owned and run this facility for over a decade and they were so nice. The rooms were very clean and the decorations were very nice. even the bathroom mirror was very nice, massive with a nice decorative pattern around it. No matter who was at the front desk when I came in, they greeted me as I passed by. They even brought me 2 fresh cookies while I was working one evening in the lobby with my complimentary tea. Very good Hampton Inn. I will stay there whenever I'm in Hot Springs.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
8 Thank sneddy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ks
Reviewed February 11, 2006

The hotel was overbooked, crowded, and very noisy. The parking lot is very small, and we ended up walking more than 3 blocks to find a space. The room was clean, except for the microwave which had old food in it, and did not work. The sheets were clean and the bed was comfortable, but the towels were thin and stained. The pool was so cloudy you could not see the bottom and there was a layer of oil floating on the surface of the water. I've never come in contact with a less friendly staff.

6 Thank 310020
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2005

After reading all the rave reviews on this website about this Hampton Inn in Hot Springs, I decided to book it for a couple of nights. Boy, was I disappointed! Room was average and had a tiny upholstered chair with a small ottomon instead of the usual upholstered comfortable recliners in other Hampton properties. Breakfast ... usual and terrible. My blueberry muffin was actually gummy. Not quite sure what other reviewers felt made this property so much better than other Hampton Inns, but whatever it was ... I just didn't see it. The Hot Springs experience was a bust, too. Except the marvelous dinner we had at Chef Paul's.

Because we couldn't bear another night there, we checked out early.

Stayed September 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
memphis
Reviewed June 19, 2005

no problems. Great place to stay. Stayed 3 days me and my wife for our 3 year anniversery.

4 Thank mtarry
Tennessee
Reviewed April 16, 2005

This is not your typical Hampton Inn. It is much classier than most we have stayed at and is the best hotel we have found in the Hot Springs area.

• Stayed April 2005
5 Thank perkinpeak
Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed March 16, 2005

I was sort of worried about our first trip to hot springs on 3/16/05 because of the reviews. The Hampton Inn is very clean and new, has a very friendly and accomodating staff. It is located in the commerial area of town not the historic end. The hotel is right across from the local mall, 3 miles from the lake, and plenty of resturants, grocery stores, and shopping around. It is a stones throw off of the main drag Hwy 7 or Central Ave. I would stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed March 2005
11 Thank cjt
Michigan
Reviewed March 7, 2005

My wife & I stayed here for one night.

This hotel is not cheap (around $80), but seems competitive for the area.

This is probably the nicest Hampton Inn we have stayed in. We were met with very curteous desk staff (with freshly baked cookies!). The room and the hotel were exceptionally clean, and the room had the nice touch of a bottle of water and a pack of Oreos. The breakfast area was exceptionally well maintained, the food pleantiful and fresh.

The free wireless internet worked well throughout the hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2005