“Disappointed”

Hampton Inn Hot Springs
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Arrived to find the hotel was undergoing a major renovation...the work out room was unavailable, breakfast room was relocated. Staff was very apologetic, but honestly, if I had known this when I booked, I would have made another choice.

Room Tip: Wait until the renovations are completed...check when you call.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick J

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Arrived at the hotel to find that the lobby and breakfast room were under complete renovation (floor to ceiling). This was not mentioned when I booked the room. There was grout dust and paint dust all over the floor which we tracked up to the guest rooms. Paid a higher rate for this hotel that for other hotels in the same area and of the same quality. Not a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joyce M
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The staff was very nice and helpful, but the manager of this hotel is not nice at all other than that its very clean,but no amenities inside the hotel, very slow elevator.I like the shopping centers,mall and the sea view around the area,great time but not what i was expecting so far so good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank bobby k
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our power went out during a recent snowstorm and we lost our electrical power. After 13 hours, we packed a bag and escaped to the Hot Springs Hampton. We chose Hampton because we know the quality and comfort of these hotels and this one delivered on those two aspects. Although undergoing some renovation, we were not disturbed during our stay. There was a loud whining noise from our heating unit, but we did not have to run the unit after the room became warm. The breakfast was as usual for a Hampton: oatmeal, eggs, bacon, waffles, fruit, yogurt, and great coffee. Only disappointment was that we did not get fresh cookies in the evening like other Hamptons, but this is a smaller hotel than most where we have stayed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

The staff was extremely helpful and the hotel itself was more luxurious and larger than I expected. Very clean and well kept. Plenty of amenities nearby....restaurants, mall, attractions, etc. Plenty of parking space and the parking lot itself was practically brand new and well lit.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Cortland M
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We'd hoped this property would be closer to the spas but didn't prequalify it properly. However this was an excellentHampton Inn. Two elevators and well-appointed rooms. I give this an 8/10. Very close to a large mall with numerous restaurants and - groan - a Walmart.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was traveling for an extended business trip in Hot Springs, AR, and I stayed at this property for 19 nights. The staff are exemplary and go out of their way to make all guests feel welcome and well-cared for.
The property is immaculate, from the grounds, guest rooms and lobby/breakfast area to the non-public areas such as stairwells.
I am so thoroughly impressed with the level of caring that all members of the team go to in order to make everyone feel at home. Traveling for extended periods is never easy, but I found myself sorry to leave my new Hampton Inn family in Hot Springs!
If my business needs require me to stay in Hot Springs again, I will definitely return to this property!
Thank you, Yogi and team!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business