“Last minuet trip”

Motel 6 Hot Springs
Ranked #39 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Good place to stay!The rooms where clean and nice. Nothing fancy that's what I like! Staff was nice and friendly. I would hang the do not disturb sing because cleaning ladies are there at 9. Overall a real good stay for the money we spent

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Hot Springs

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago. We stayed there for the race meet on corn beef days. We love the staff and the rooms are clean. Yes this is an older property, but it is centrally located, quiet, away from all the city noises and the staff stated it was in the county and the taxes were lower than city rates. The price was very reasonable and we will be back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank James B
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Should have listened to other reviewers. This place is the worst! It looks ok at first but it is old and nasty. You can hear EVERYTHING in the room next door. Had to sleep with TV on quite loud to block noise. Miserable!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here for my 10 year reunion. The first room we went in was smoking and the windows wouldn't shut. So there were gnats all over the room. There were also spider webs on the ceiling, and stains on the carpet. We went to the front desk and got another room. This room was somewhat cleaner. The room still had gnats, stains and holes in the carpet, holes in the bed spread. Overall we didn't take a shower there because it was too nasty. (We have family close that we could use their facilities.) the only reason we stayed was it was close to the reunion, and the other hotels were booked. I would recommend not staying here ever!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I wanted to get away for the Labor Day weekend and this motel looked like it would be great from the pictures. Wow! What a mistake! The rooms were filthy...huge stains on carpet and couch, cigarette burns and stains on the comforter, and hair in the sink. It got worse the more we looked around... lamp not working, barely any water pressure from the sink faucet, and the glass door to the balcony wouldn't latch again once it was opened. We killed two spiders and several mosquitoes in the room within the first 30 minutes of our stay. Some of the other guests, who were there for a reunion, were incredibly noisy, and rudely slammed the doors to their rooms all hours of the day and night. Cigarette butts, broken glass, and dog poo were seen in abundance near the pool area. Need I say more?
Overall, it was just a lousy experience. Despite the attractive pictures online, you can expect third world accommodations at this motel. Fool me once, shame on you, Econo-Lodge! Never again!

Room Tip: Choose a room at a good motel. This one isn't it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am SO sorry I did NOT check tripadvisor before booking this place. The website shows some really nice pictures of the place. When we drove up, it didn't appear too bad, either. The front desk clerk told my husband one room number, but it ended up being another...the room number she told us didn't even exist. Housekeeping asked what room & told us they had just cleaned it & it was ready for us to go in. As we turned the key we could smell the smoke from this room We've stayed in smoke rooms before, but this one smelled worse then a bar room!. My husband went straight to the front desk to ask for non smoking & there was none available. We tried to ignore it & started unpacking our car. As we looked around, we noticed dirt on the carpet between the two beds, beds didn't look freshly made, either. Upon further inspection, you could tell someone had slept in one bed & when we pulled back the comforter of the other bed there was black hair, dirt & blood on backside of the comforter! In the bathroom, there was feces on the edge of the counter next to the toilet paper roll!!!! My husband had us load our luggage back while he went get a refund. The front clerk didn't even ask why, he had to tell her why & her reply was "ok". We drove down the road to the LaQuinta & enjoyed every aspect of our stay, there. That night, I emailed Econo Lodge about our experience & today (2 weeks later) received a short email from the management saying "We have recieved your comments regarding your stay in Hot Springs, AR. We apologize for the incovienence of the property appearance. Thank you for letting us know what we can do to better accomodate you and to better our property." They must not have spell check or realize I would NEVER stay there!!!!! DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is an old run down property, the room they gave us had a 3 inch gap between the top of the air conditioner and the wall exposing the room to the outside for mosquitoes to come in. The clerk said to just put a towel in it.
They advertise on line that they have a hot tub/spa but it has been long since removed and it is sitting on the ground below the balcony of our room.
Our room was also supposed to be non smoking but reeked of cigarrette smoke.
The pool area was unkept with poison ivy growing all along the edge of the fence and around the tables.
The grounds were unmowed and trash was all over.
I have stayed at many Econo lodges and this was the worst I have seen!
I will never stay here again.
Don't believe me check out the pictures.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple