“Great location, nice room and quiet area.”

Travelodge Hot Springs AR
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Shreveport, LA
“Great location, nice room and quiet area.”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed with 2 chidren and the pool area was nice for them to use. The hotel was centrally located, had easy access to and from downtown, within 10 minutes to Magic Springs/Crystall Falls, Food places, Mountain Tower, etc. The room was nice with lots of space for the children to run around. The price was cheap and the stay was great. will definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2009

A friend and I went to Hot Springs, AR to go crystal digging at the mines in Jesseville and stayed at the Travelodge for 5 nights. They have one room with two double beds and a kitchenette that isn't listed on their website and the lady at the desk offered it to us for the online room price that we reserved. They have several rooms that have a king bed with kitchenette but I think are listed at a higher room price.
Our room didn't provide any pots, pans or cooking utensils which was a big drawback however we were only looking for a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. It has a stove, sink, and plenty of cabinets to bring your own cookware. The room was a little cramped but it worked out great for our purpose. For the price it was clean and quiet but you have to request a room toward the back to avoid road traffic noise. It is about 6 blocks to the old historic bathhouse row which made it conveinant for my friend to walk to town when I decided to go dig another day and she didn't have a car. Overall for the price and location, it was a good choice for us. It isn't fancy but it was clean. Also, there is no continental breakfast at this location but they have a restaurant on-site that offers a buffet which we never tried since we were traveling on a budget and opted to have breakfast bars and coffee in the room. There is a gas/convenience store right next door you can walk to if you need anything. They do offer WiFi which worked great in our room.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank sandrak9
oklahoma
Reviewed February 18, 2009

We checked into a kitchenette room, and it was nasty. The refrigerator looked like it was NEVER ever cleaned since opened. It looked soooo bad that we left our food in our coolers. The oven was not much better.......DIRTY !!!!!!

The room smelled, and bath towels were original ( like sandpaper )....I couldn't think of anything good to say..........

JUST PLAIN DISGUSTING !!!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leoman452002

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Republic, Mo.
Reviewed February 17, 2009

My Dad and I just stayed at Travelodge Hot Springs. My bed was covered with long black hairs from previous guest. I called front desk and maint. person changed sheets. Next day I broke a bottle in bathroom and picked part of it up but I didn't have a broom. After maid cleaned room the broken bottle was still around sink and stool, completely ignored. With the country in recession and many people needing work you would think they could hire people that cared a little bit more about a job. And I might add I'm not a picky person.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Lake Charles, La
Reviewed June 7, 2008

We booked for 7 nights a king with kitchenette. After a 8 hours trip, we finally found a non cleaned room : french fries with a lot of ants in the kitchenette, empty bottle, trash, refrigerator and oven very dirty, ashes in the bathroom sink, non vacumed room... we told all at the desk and decided to cancel. They after all charged a night. It seems that the neighborhood is not really safe !
Never stay in this place.

• Liked — no way
  • Disliked — no way
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Lousiana
Reviewed March 23, 2008

I stayed here over Easter weekend. I needed a place that would take our dog, which they did. However there was NO grass anywhere to walk the dog, so we ended up leaving with him in the car to drive to a place to walk him. We booked the kitchenette, thinking it would have more room and a refrigerator. The refrigerator did not work. The room did not have an iron or ironing board (which I take for granted) and this time, I needed it desperately. The parking lot is small and with today's large SUV's and trucks, it was tricky to maneuver out of the lot in the morning. When we reserved the room, I was told we would be able to get a ground floor room, because I have difficulty walking up stairs. When we checked in, the desk clerk just shook his head and said, "sorry".

We'll find another place to stay for our next trip.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the stairs
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Austin,TX
Reviewed January 30, 2008

The website promised a kitchenette, but there was no refrigerator. Also, there was an ash tray, even though we had asked for a non-smoking room. These turned out to be minor details, however. While my traveling companion and I were out sight-seeing on our first full day, a very expensive prescription medication disappeared from our room. It was obvious that no one had been in the room other than the maid. I called the office the next morning after 8:00. The person on duty said she couldn't help me, I would have to wait and speak with the manager, who would be in any minute. This turned out to be over an hour, and the manager never called me. I only contacted her after repeatedly calling the office. (The manager turned out to be the owner, as well.) She promised to speak to the maid, who wasn't there yet (after 9:30 in the morning!) and get back to me. Again, the manager/owner never contacted me. Finally, after waiting an hour, I went back to the office. The manager then told me the maid denied any knowlege of the medication. I asked her what she planned to do, and she said nothing, it was my problem. I called the Hot Springs police and reported the disappearance. I also called the Travelodge customer center. The call center rep. stated she would report my complaint, and someone would be in touch. That was 2 months ago, and I'm still waiting. I won't stay in ANY Travelodge, anywhere, again, unless I have absolutely no other choice..

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Theft of medication
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank vintage0152