“Beautiful Historic Bed and Breakfast”

1890 Williams House Inn
Ranked #5 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights in the 1890 Williams House. We originally had reserved the cottage but since there were some rennovations being done to that area of the property the innkeeper upgraded us to "The Parlor". The room was very spacious with a front sitting area that included an electric fireplace and a refrigerator. The second room is the bedroom which included a large jetted tub. The property is beautiful and well maintained. The innkeeper Linda is very friendly and has a very helpful staff. They also have free "perks" such as brownies, cookies, and flavored ice water available at all times. We enjoyed sitting outside with a glass of wine on the porch and being entertained by their kitty.

In Hot Springs our favorite things to do were the Steam Cave at the Quapaw Bath & Spa and visiting the Garvan Gardens which were spectacular this time of year. The tower at the National Park is worth a visit as well.

Room Tip: The first night we stayed we were the only guests there. We took a tour of the property and all of...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This beautiful home with an outstanding staff was the perfect location for a girlfriend trip. We awoke each morning with the aroma of the delicious breakfast. As we strategized our day over breakfast, the owner supplied us with recommenations and tips that were spot-on.

We enjoyed much time on the upstairs veranda catching up with each other and enjoying the scenery.

Room Tip: Four of us stayed in the Guest Suite and it was very comfortable (even with one bathroom between us...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the 1890 Williams House. It's a huge, gorgeous old late 19th century house a few blocks from Central Avenue historic downtown area of Hot Springs. (If the weather permits, which it didn't while we were visiting, and you're a walker, Bathhouse Row is reasonable walking distance.)

We stayed in the Parlor Suite, which had a very large sitting room (hence the name) with a nice breakfast nook in turreted corner. The entrance door is an enormous 12 ft high pocket door. Just inside the door was an equally enormous 12 ft mirror. The bedroom was large with a gigantic jetted tub at the foot of the bed. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was small, but typical of those I've seen carved into old houses.

There are 6 (or so) other unique rooms on two floors; there is another room in the Carriage House behind the main house.

We checked in on a Tuesday and two of the three nights we stayed, we had the entire house to ourselves. It was very quiet.

Lynda, Sheri, and Rebecca took very good care of us - attentive without over doting. The breakfasts were excellent. Our room was intended to have breakfast served in it (see my earlier comment a about the nook), but since we were the only guests, we ate in the dining room.

The 1890 Williams House is great for short retreats like my wife and I took, but I think it would be excellent for family reunions or wedding party stays.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I got married at the Williams House 1 year ago and we went back to stay at the Williams House for our 1 year anniversary. We stayed in the Copper Chamber out back in the Carriage House. That was amazing, I did not want to leave the room. When you stay at the Williams House you are treated like family. Thank you Lynda for everything.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is wonderful,warm,cozy,charming and fun. The staff is great and the breakfast are delicious!!! You need to stay here, you will not regret your decision. We plan on revisiting this inn,for sure. All the rooms are great and they all have their own charm. It's not far walking distance to downtown Hot Springs. Everything was perfect! Perfect!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a great weekend at the 1890 Williams House Inn with friends. I can't take credit for finding this treasure as my friend did all the planning. The location is easily accessible, and close to everything you want to do in Hot Springs. The neighborhood itself is full of historic homes. The owner was welcoming and entertaining, and the staff created an atmosphere of relaxation and fun. Our rooms were spacious, and we spent time in one of the living areas talking and enjoying the time with friends. Breakfast was outstanding both of the days we were there, and my wife ended up with a number of recipes.
Over the years, I have spent quite a bit of time in Hot Springs, and stayed in a few places that I would not recommend. The Williams House Inn is definitely a place that we will return to in the future.

Room Tip: All of the rooms I saw were unique, with interesting stories. I don't think you can go wrong wit...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WWilliams1965
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have never stayed in a B&B before, so my boyfriend booked this Inn for my 30th birthday. I admit that were surprised that it was not as secluded as we thought from the photos, but we never had any problems with the neighborhood. It was within walking distance to downtown and the observation tower and once we parked our truck when we arrived, we didn't drive again until it was time to leave. The Williams House was charming and is under new management. Linda, the new owner, welcomed us warmly when we arrived and we explained to her that my boyfriend and I were "walkers" and liked to try places that we could not go to anywhere else.

She gave us maps, brochures and detailed directions as well as excellent recommendations to restaurants and off the menu items to try. We went to Rolondo's, an excellent Latino Restaurant and had the tilapia and shrimp plate and it was delicious. The Ohio Club had a great atmosphere and really cool history about the back of the bar being built by a ship builder and could only be placed in the bar when the entire front was removed. Fat Jack's had great snack food, excellent service and a "hometown feel" to it where it seemed like the locals literally knew everyone's name and still welcomed tourists.

We were pretty late getting in on the first night and quickly realized that the room in the West Chamber was HOT. There was a ceiling fan and a standing fan in the room but it was still stifling. By 4 am, we were trying to figure out how to open the windows, which by the way, do not open. The next morning, I was up early for coffee and met Becca, one of the cooks and staff members. I asked her where the thermostat was to the room and she personally walked me upstairs to show me - it was in a common sitting area outside the room. She was very kind and apologized profusely. I assume she told Linda about it because when we came down to breakfast, she was very apologetic as well. She even asked why we didn't call, but we weren't going to disturb anyone at 4 AM. They made it right and were very kind and gracious as well. Breakfast the first morning was fantastic - homemade biscuits and gravy and eggs. Coffee and Juice are served and Becca tended to us very well. She had a great personality, was all smiles and was very friendly. Linda was friendly and was happy to chat with us as well as Kaye when we first checked in. The breakfast on the second morning was not really my forte, Pancakes with bananas and nuts, very WELL done bacon. But I was also very tired and wasn't really hungry yet.

The room was clean and pleasant. There was plenty of room for us and the bathroom, Jacuzzi tub and shower were all fine and accommodating. There were robes for us to use and clean towels and coffee were brought to our room while we went to check out the town and see the sights.

I really enjoyed my stay at this Inn and find it unfortunate that some of these reviews are anything less than great, but I also noticed that they were mostly from when the Inn was run by someone named Cathi. Linda and her staff were wonderful and helpful and more importantly, they seemed genuinely glad to be there and to help folks like us have the best stay possible.

These days, excellent customer service is hard to find. It finds you at the Williams House. I would recommend the Williams House to anyone wanting to stay in Hot Springs and if I find myself in town again, I would love to stay again, as well. Yes, we had a "snafu" with the heat - but Linda and Becca more than made up for that, and once we knew where the thermostat was, all was well.

Thank you all, for making our stay pleasant and helping me to enjoy a big birthday for me!

Room Tip: Walking distance to Downtown and Observation Tower. The homes around the Inn may seem sketchy, but w...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple