“Outstanding stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1884 Wildwood Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding stay!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I had the luxury of staying in the Rudyard Kipling room the last weekend in May and had the time of our lives. The service and hospitality of the people who operate this B&B was outstanding; better than any hotel I've ever stayed at. The breakfast each morning was unbelievably good and was also better than all of the other meals we ate over the weekend. Everyone (including the guests) was very friendly to us and made us feel very welcome. Next time I visit Hot Springs, this will be the only place I will stay. It greatly exceeded my expectations. My wife and I also ordered the Babymoon Escape package, which included a couple's massage. It was also wonderful. David and Rebecca, who run the B&B, were some of the nicest people I have ever met. Stephanie was our main host and was extremely nice and helpful to us. She had some great recommendations for us as far as dining and other activities go.

If you are staying in Hot Springs, there should be no other options on places to stay. STAY HERE! I can't say enough great things about this place. We had a remarkable time!

Room Tip: For couples, the Rudyard Kipling room seems to be the way to go. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay her...
2 Thank Chris H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This bed and breakfast is beautiful. The room and service perfect and the breakfast is to die for. Hosts David and Rebecca are so nice and helpful. We were able to walk to downtown/bathhouse row during the day.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank winonatravels
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Perfect! My daughter and I had the pleasure of staying in the Rose Room, this Spring. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. David made us feel welcome and at home. The breakfast was over-the-top. We still talk about the cinnamon muffins and have tried to replicate them at home. Like I said in the title "Wildwood" is what all B&Bs should be! R&K

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rene J
Yantis, Texas
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I have spent 3 anniversaries with David & Rebecca. Their home is absolutely breath taking. The breakfast is amazing . We meet everyone that's staying there at breakfast. It's really nice to get to know people from all different states. After breakfast, it's like Tinkerbell's fairies sweep everyone away, because we rarely see anyone else, until breakfast the next morning. It's like we have the whole house to ourselves. I love the fact that I can walk outside my room in the morning, get a cup of coffee and enjoy it on the balcony outside my room.The rooms are fabulous. Fresh rose petals on the bed, candles lit and music playing, when we arrive. The mood is set for our Romantic Anniversary weekend. The staff is wonderful. We could ask for better hosts. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: We like the rooms with the balcony outside your door.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Donna B
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Breakfast was unbelievable! The home had a wonderful history that David/Rebecca can really make you want to learn more about and spend your all your time getting know. The house was beautiful and clean. If we end up making our way back to Hot Springs, we know where we are staying.

Room Tip: The Rose Room is where we stayed. My beautiful girlfriend was in love.
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The three-course breakfast was amazing! The first day was a coffee cake muffin, then bacon, egg, and cheese croissant with fruit and juice, and lastly, a brownie pie with homemade ice cream, cool whip, and a cherry! Sooo wonderful and definitely filling! The owners and other staff members were extremely nice and helpful! The only downside is that I would not walk the 1 mile from the house to the historic district. Does not seem very safe. However, you can park for free across the street from the bathhouses in a parking garage.

Room Tip: The King David room ONLY has a tub. No shower head or nozzle. Just FYI.
1 Thank str0wberry
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was our first trip to Hot Springs. The B&B exceeded our expectations in every way. Wonderful home, delicious breakfast and gracious hosts.
Stephanie asked that we call when we reached Hot Springs so she would be looking for us to arrive at Wildwood. Upon entering our room, candles were lit, soft music played and rose petal were scattered throughout. Such a lovely touch!
The house itself is breathtaking. The B&B was booked this weekend but we didn't run into anyone in the house except during breakfast. So it felt like we had the entire house to ourselves. Complimentary coffee, soft drinks, brownies and cookies were available 24/7. Oh- and popcorn so you could munch on while watching one of the wide-selections of DVDs in the room or on the big screen downstairs. Wonderful stay!
Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rose Room. The pictures can't do it justice. There was a balcony off of our r...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple