“Gables Inn Wedding Package”
Review of Gables

Gables
Ranked #9 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2007

We held our Wedding at the Gables Inn Bed and Breakfast. It was a small gathering of family. We would not recommend this to others. The staff was rude and pushy. Like we were doing them a favor by being there. We made the best of it but if you are looking for the perfect wedding location, this is not it. You will probably be disappointed as were we. It looks much better on the internet that it does in person.

• Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank luckyngood

Reviewed July 3, 2007

The entire experience at the Gables Inn was wonderful. We came to Hot Springs to get away and have a small simple wedding. They packaged our wedding, including pictures, and two nights stay in the Governor's room for an affordable price. Loved the big room and the hot tub.

The owners were incredibly nice and cooked/served excellent breakfasts. The wedding was better than we had anticipated. He made it last just the right amount of time for just the two of us. The pictures were beautiful and they even went so far as to upgrade our package from 25 to 32 pictures, and gave us the CD the day we left, as opposed to the 7 days it normally takes.

I've already recommended it for some of my friends.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Gables in June for our 39th weddding anniversary. It was our first experience at a B&B and our first stay in Hot Springs. We enjoyed both immensely. We stayed in Sylvia's Room the first two nights. It was small, but comfortable and very quiet. We were moved to the Governor's Room for our last night. It was much larger and had a king-sized bed, but not as quiet as Sylvia's Room. The grounds were peaceful with little secret garden areas. I enjoyed lounging in the porch swing and reading while my husband rested in our room after our outings. Breakfast was different each morning. I looked forward to and enjoyed each one. We found out from Judy that her husband David did the cooking and a great job he did! Judy and David were friendly and helpful, but unobtrusive. Judy gave us a tour of the house when we first arrived and served our breakfast each morning. We loved the Hot Springs area--the moutains, lakes and forest are truly gorgeous. Overall it was the best vacation ever!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2007

Upon arrival at the Gables Inn, we were awed by the architecture and quaint atmosphere. Our suite was beautifully decorated and furnished with everything we needed. The staff at Gables Inn is so friendly and welcoming. I really cannot say anything negative about the place!
Breakfast was served at promptly 8:30 every morning. The ammenities were perfect. They have all inclusive packages with options to take a dinner cruise and sightsee. Our iteneraries were basically booked through them! They made it easy and wonderful. We will definately return to the Gables Inn for anniversaries! The honeymoon was perfect. Thank you Gables Inn for being such an outstanding place!

I recommend that everyone experience Hot Springs in their lifetime. The place is so tourist friendly. They have much to see and do!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2007

My husband and I did not want a big wedding. A friend of his had mentioned a place in Hot Springs where they had gotten married a long time ago. I decided to see what i could find on the internet and
found the Gables Inn. It's not the place she was telling us about but
the more I read about this B and B, the more I liked what I saw. I made an inquiry and spoke to Judy on several occasions trying to decide on the date and what we wanted. The Inn keepers were very helpful and have the packages very well designed. After all of my research, we decided to get married in December at The Gables Inn.

This had to be the easiest "program" I had ever planned. I paid for the package I wanted and it was just done. I did not have to mess with the music, decorations, cake, photos, minister or anything. All we did was "Show Up".

The place was well groomed considering it was the winter time. The inn keepers had the place beautifully decorated for Christmas which made for lovely pictures. The weather was beautiful too so the outdoor pictures were perfect in their beautiful gardens.

If I had to do it over again, which I don't intend to since I have the love of my life, I would most definately recommed The Gables Inn for a beautiful and stress free wedding.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2007

My new HUSBAND and I arrived at the Gables on a Friday the 18th and got married that evening, it was very relaxing and the garden area made for beautiful pictures. We stayed at the Gables for the weekend, drank wine on the porch swing, came and went as we pleased, and the room was nice for just the two of us. It truely could not have been any better. Thank you David and Judy.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed May 9, 2007

My husband and I chose the Gables Inn for our wedding in April, 2007. We did not stay at the Inn but our wedding ceremony was PERFECT! The garden and grounds are absolutely beautiful (we had the ceremony outside) and the owner did such a wonderful job taking our photos. We get compliments from everyone who looks at them. We definitely have plans to stay at the Inn for anniverseries or weekend getaways.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple