“No Hospitality!”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Arkansas
“No Hospitality!”
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I was surprised at our experience at the Gables Inn. Most of the reviews posted are positive and I find this shocking. I should say that we have traveled extensively in the U.S. and Europe, and I understand that not everyone has the same taste in decor (plastic flowers, outdated wallpaper, cheap furnishings, and dog portraiture). I can assure you that these were the most unprofessional and impatient Inn keepers I have ever encountered. They made us feel as though we were intruding and wasting their time. Sweat pants and an oversized t-shirt is never appropriate attire for a wedding, but the innkeeper wore just that at my father’s wedding that we paid to have there. Also, they charge by the head for the wedding attendees, when they realized my 13 month old was not counted, they asked for the money immediately! Good thing I wasn’t pregnant, or we would have been on the hook for one more attendee. I could go on about the details but what is important is that I caution anyone from using this hotel for anything, unless you like to pay people to be rude to you.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank AR-LR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Memphis
Reviewed January 20, 2009

We needed a relaxing, de-stresser weekend at Hot Springs, and the Gables Inn had a very appealing package online for a two night stay with a bathhouse session for both of us. After looking at the Inn on the website, I couldn't pass it up...it looked to possess the calming charm of the best B&Bs.

Our stay there was everything I'd hoped it would be, and my stressed wife started relaxing the moment we arrived at the Gables. We were greeted warmly by our hosts, David and Judy, and after a tour and being shown our room, we let the warmth of the Inn embrace us!

Our room (Governor) was immaculately clean and appointed with lovely antiques. Bed and pillows are very comfortable, with fine climate control. Each room is also provided with a mini fridge for restaurant leftovers, beverages and snacks you may find. There's also a tv and dvd player in each room, and the Inn has a nice selection of DVDs to watch.

I also really like the location, as it's just a few blocks from the bathhouses and the lovely downtown district, which is surrounded by mountains. It's on a very quiet sidestreet, and the property itself is very nice. There's parking in front and in back for overnight guests.

The breakfasts are made by David, and they are wonderful! Usually a breakfast muffin or pastry followed by a main dish. Wonderful OJ, coffee, and a wide selection of teas are offered.

This is my third B&B I've ever been to, and we look forward to returning to 'our' room for another winter visit next year!

• Liked — Comfort and atmosphere
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
BEEBE, ARKANSAS
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I must say the Gables inn is quite luxurious, the decor is very romantic and gives the place a Victorian feel. When sitting out on the wrap around veranda, I felt like a Southern Bell. David and Judy are excellent hosts and make you feel right at home. My husband and I stayed in the "Sunshine Room" with a beautiful
heart shaped whirlpool bath and plenty southern charm.I would recommend this place to any couple wanting some quality rest and recreation.
We also visited the Buckstaff Bath House as part of our R & R
package and must say the experience was a delight.

Stayed January 2009
Mississippi
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Going to the Gables Inn was a wonderful experience for both me and my fiance/husband. We wanted a very private wedding, and the Gables Inn provided that. The Inn was immaculately clean and very well decorated for Christmas. Judy and David are wonderful innkeepers. Breakfast was excellent.
For our wedding ceremony, we could not have asked for anything more. Judy and David made it a wonderful, blessed experience to remember forever. I would recommend the Gables Inn to anyone wanting a relaxing getaway and definitely anyone wanting a stress-free, small wedding or elopement. We will definitely be returning to the Gables Inn.

• Liked — Romantic setting, cleanliness, friendly innkeepers
  • Disliked — no negatives
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
mississippi
Reviewed December 22, 2008

My boyfriend whisked me away to this wonderful Bed & Breakfast for my birthday in November. Neither of us had ever been to a Bed & Breakfast & I am so glad we chose to go to one instead of a Hotel. The Gables Inn is the most beautiful house I've ever seen ! The house was decorated for the holidays and everything was absolutely beautiful. The owners were so warm & friendly & the breakfast they served was delicious! We stayed for a weekend & neither of us wanted to leave so much in fact we're going back really soon & we won't be by ourselves! Our room was also decorated for the holidays & we even had our own christmas tree. The package we picked out came with a king-sized bed, stand in shower w/ a clawfoot tub,television, refrigerator, coffemaker,& private balcony that overlooked the gorgeous backyard(they have weddings back there).There was dinner included for two in the package w/ candles awaiting in the room. If you are looking to stay somewhere quiet,romantic, beautiful, with a homey feel to it please stay here you will not regret it! Also if you get lost they will actually call you & give you directions to ensure you arrive there(we know b/c we got lost !) & once you are there they will make you feel @ home.

• Liked — the owners made you feel @ home
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing !
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
West Monroe, LA
Reviewed December 19, 2008

We had a great time. Everything was very nice down to the last details. When we go back to Hot Springs, AR, we will definitely stay there. Also everyone we talk to headed that way, we will recommend this place. Thanks for everything.

• Liked — Frienliness of the staff, nice accomodations and great amenities
  • Disliked — No shower in the bathroom. Had to bathe in the tub but did have a shower sprayer.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Garland, TX
Reviewed November 25, 2008

This was our second stay at The Gables Inn, and we had a wonderful time once again. The Victorian house is absolutely beautiful and very restful. The last time we visited The Gables Inn was on our honeymoon, and on that trip we stayed in the Lillian Room. This time we stayed in the Governors' Room. Both rooms are decorated with beautiful furnishings, but I have to admit the Governors' room is my favorite. The cost of our stay was very reasonable, and the breakfasts served were delicious. We will be back, and I don't think we will wait another 10 years to return. Thank you David & Judy for making our 10th anniversary so memorable!

• Liked — Very relaxing and comfortable
  • Disliked — I loved EVERYTHING!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple