“Great Experience”

Funtrackers Family Park
Ranked #24 of 78 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: First class family fun at Hot Springs newest miniature golf course. Volcano Falls mini-golf is sure to be your greatest tropical golfing experience with nearly 100 live palm trees and a volcano that shoots out real fire! Also, right next door at Funtrackers, the fastest go-carts, the wettest bumper boats with squirt cannons and an all new expanded arcade and game room. Great family place. Fun Packs and wristbands to save you money!
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My wife, 4 kids and I vacationed at Lake Harbor Resort at Lake Oauchita for a few days. We decided to head into Hot Springs on our last day to mix things up a bit. Before we left I pulled up trip advisor and reviewed a few establishments in Hot Springs. Funtrackers popped up and I started to read the 5 comments listed on the site. the first 2 reviews (Dangerous and Beware - Scam Artist) certainly caught my attention and I guess out of pure curiosity I told the family we were heading to Funtrackers.

We arrived to a clean, organized, friendly, fun and very safe environment. We rode the go-carts and the bumper boats and not only were the teenagers friendly but I could tell the owners of Funtrackers had gone out of their way to ensure everyone's experience was a great one.

I met the husband and wife owners who were running the front counter at the time we were there and I must say I was very impressed. They were hands on, very attentive and definitely had a pulse on the operation.

Don't listen to Injured2011 and made1001. It appears both have an agenda to make a quick buck.

Next time we visit Hot Springs, we're heading to Funtrackers!

Visited July 2011
5 Thank twrash

Hot Springs, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“DANGEROUS”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I, along with my daughter and my two grandchildren, ages 3 and 5, visited Funtrackers 7/6/11. We enjoyed the miniature golf and the Go-Karts, were assisted by 2 nice young men when getting in and out of the Go-Karts. We were also assisted by one of the young men in getting into the Bumper Boats, were given instructions on operating the boats, etc.. When the young man went inside, a teenage girl took his place. When she indicated that the ride was over, we drove our boats over to the concrete pad and she tied our boats to the concrete with a rope and walked away. I mentioned, as she walked away, that I didn't know if I could get out of the boat without a hand to hold or something, but she continued walking away. There was a thin, small, metal handle on the concrete to hold onto, but it was hot and wet, so it was useless. The boat was plastic and was also slippery and wet. When I attempted to get out unassisted, I had one foot on the concrete, one foot on the slippery boat and the boat started to drift backwards very quickly. My foot slipped off the boat and I fell onto the edge of the concrete slab that the boat was tied to, hitting my lower left side on the concrete edge. I pulled myself onto the concrete and as I was lying there on my back on the hot concrete, the girl kept saying, "Get up, get up....sit over there in the chair". I finally managed to pull myself over to the chair, aided by my daughter, who had also fallen and injured her leg and her buttock in the same manner as I had. Her 3 year old daughter hit her chin on the concrete in the fall, too! The attendant, while I was trying to get to the chair, had gone back into the building and got 1 cup of ice water for us to all share. She brought that to us and then went back into the building and never came back out! Although I was in such pain that I could barely walk to my car and was having difficulty breathing, the grandchildren, ages 3 & 5, were terrified, no one from the park came out and offered to assist us to our vehicle, provide medical assistance, call someone to help us or ANYTHING! Didn't even come out of the building! My daughter drove me to my family doctor who took X-rays and did some lab work. There was blood in my urine which indicated a bruised kidney (at least) and although no rib fracture was verified on the x-ray (they frequently don't show up on x-rays), there was a definite 'pop' and a 'rub' sound in my lower rib cage area when I moved.The day after the accident, my left hand has started to tingle and my left arm is aching. Since my doctor suggested I go to the hospital for a CAT scan and other tests to see if there were any underlying damages that an X-ray couldn't pick up, I contacted the manager of Funtracker, to see if their liability insurance would help with any of the diagnostic costs or possible lost wages d/t not being able to work my 12 hour shifts at a local hospital. He was rude and hateful! Advised me to "Sue, sue, sue if you think you can. This same lawsuit has been attempted many times (which in my eyes indicates that there's a safety issue with this ride) and they never win because our lawyers know how to get around it!" When I contacted a lawyer about the issue, he advised me that I certainly have a lawsuit, that this same issue has come up with this particular ride several times! So....I guess I will be obligated to sue this establishment in order to get any help with my medical costs, but in the meantime...BEWARE! Although this ride was great fun, it's dangerous d/t the negligence of the staff in assisting the patrons out of the boats or at least providing a better 'handle' to help in pulling yourself out of the boat (rubber, perhaps, instead of slippery metal). Not to mention the arrogant and rude attitude of the manager!

Visited July 2011
16 Thank Injured2011
Hot Springs, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“BEWARE! SCAM ARTISTS HERE - RIP OFF ALERT!!! PEOPLE LIKE THIS SHOULD LEAVE HOT SPRINGS. THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED.”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Have driven past this place lots of times driving to Mountain Harbor. Today, I decided to stop and let my kids try it out. What a mistake! Apparently being confused when a birthday party group started riding some of the bumper boats while my children were doing so, the teenagers who were operating one of the activities made my children stop doing what we had paid for. When I realized what was going on and tried to explain, the teenage girl tried to cover up her confusion by making matters worse and instead of acknowleding her mistake, became rude and insisted that I was wrong and then proceeded to walk over to two teenage boy workers and entice them to join in on her charade. When I and my children went inside to protest to the owner, the teenage workers from outside came in through the side door and started swarming the desk area while my children and I waited. When I finally spoke to the woman at the desk, she asserted she was the owner, and, in front of other customers and my children became rude and loud and she, too, indicated there was no way I knew what I was talking about. One of the teenage workers, who apparently was the child of the owner, began joining in too egging the mom on and telling her that he had a timer. No timer was ever shown to me before my children started, nor was it shown to me during this outlandish scenaria. I was completely mortified by these people and sorrowful that my children had to witness these people treat them so wrongly. I subsequently called back thinking Ithe person I spoke with at the desk surely wasn't the owner, who in their right mind would run their business like this, however, it apparently was the same lady on the other end who felt what she had to say was much more important that what I was trying to tell her, so she yelled and kept speaking over me. This was a horrendous experience. These people ripped us off and were shameless about it. I feel sorry for them and the kids they have taught to operate this business this way. They need to leave Hot Springs. They are pathetic. HELL NO, I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANY BUSINESS THESE PATHETIC CROOKS OPERATE.

Visited March 2011
25 Thank made1001
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Had a blast! We did the put put and the...”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Had a blast! We did the put put and the gokarts, very affordable, would definitely recommend for a fun night!

3 Thank louazz81
Hot Springs
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Tacky male tries to help book party, extremely rude.....”
Reviewed June 23, 2009

While the rides and attractions are very cool, I went a step further at this place and attempted to have my son's birthday party here. My family and I live near this park and we love what it offers. We frequent it often and everyone that works there seems to be friendly enough, so I went to the website to see what kind of birthday packages they offer for my son's 7th birthday party. They offer several packages and it clearly states at the top of the page to call for a discounted, customized package. So, I did.
The birthday list was already at 20 with mostly adults and a few kids 3 and under so I felt that I would be able to get a discount but mostly tweak my package. However, when I called, "Lisa" was not there, a man stated. He sounded older and agitated, so I asked if I should call back for Lisa, and he said that he could help me. I told him my story and he said "So, what do you want?" I told him I was inquiring about the discount and the customized package and reminded him of his website. He said "Damn lady, what do you want me to do? We already lose money on these parties, she makes cupcakes for all the kids".....blah, blah.... It was then that I realized this was not the place to bring my children, let alone a party of children. He ended the conversation by telling me that maybe this wasn't the place to have my party and instructed me to "go somewhere else". And finally, HE HUNG UP ON ME! Tacky, tacky.
We really love to play mini golf there, it will just be hard to patronize the establishment after being talked to that way. If you attempt to book a party here, I guess you should talk to Lisa, as it states on the web site. Hopefully she has better communication skills and phone etiquette.

16 Thank familyoffour2005