“Absolutely AMAZING GYRO!”
Review of Lucian's Gyros - CLOSED

Lucian's Gyros
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is THE place to get a delicious GYRO! They are so friendly and kind and truly want you to enjoy your food! The portions are VERY LARGE! PLENTY OF FOOD! The meat was very flavorful, and everything was fresh! They even had us try their desert of cinnamon and sugar pita pieces with a delicious cream cheese frosting dip! It was honestly SO GOOD! I am so glad that we took the time to find this little gem and eat here! I highly recommend this place when you are in town!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I first learned of Lucian's here on Trip Advisor and made a mental note to visit as soon as possible, as my wife and I both share a love of gyros (Rhymes with "Heroes" by the way.) and finding a really good gyro can be a difficult thing.

Lucian's has only been in business for about three months and their location is a little off the beaten path but worth driving 100 miles if you love gyros! If you've never had a gyro, this is the place to go for your first!

For any who don't know, a Gyro is a Greek invention. A large, soft, warm pita bread stuffed with meat of your choice, tomato chunks, a little olive oil, a lovely tzatziki sauce consisting of cucumber and garlic, possibly finely chopped grape leaves and other wonderful things. The traditional meat is a combination of lamb and beef and this is what we both ordered.

We also ordered a side of Calamari and one of Stuffed shrimp. I believe the sides were frozen fare but they were cooked so perfectly, deep fried but so well the paper baskets they arrived in weren't even grease spotted. Both sides came with an extremely good dipping sauce. Something slightly spicy and creamy but other than that, I know not.

But the gyros! Oh, the gyros! Lamb and beef, cucumber, freshly cut tomatoes, a delicious, made on site garlic sauce...

HEAVEN! BLISS! JOY! Without a word of exaggeration, this might be the very best gyro I've ever tasted in my life.

Lucian brought us a small sample of a dessert as we couldn't possibly have eaten a full dessert between us and sadly, I didn't catch the name of it. It was basically a very lightly fried pita with cinnamon and sugar, served with a spread made of cream cheese, honey, and I believe a bit of butter as well.

Bliss! I kid you not! What a wonderful melding of flavors. I don't know if this is Lucian's invention or a traditional Greek confection but it's great stuff. Light, sweet, and delicious.

I was so sorry I didn't have room to try their home made baklava but I suppose I must save something for another trip. Which should be quite soon!

It was a very hot day and we opted to sit in the back room, decorated with a charming little old world style mural and very dimly lit. It was a very cool escape from the heat outside.

The only staff was Lucian and his Mother. Both of them very friendly and welcoming and obviously, possessed of incredible talents in the kitchen!

Lucian plans on shortening their hours of operation on August 18th, against my registered protests. Once word gets out about this delightful little restaurant and the superlative quality of their food, you won't be able to wedge your foot in the door during rush hour!

GO HUNGRY, GO SOON!

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

If you are anywhere near Lucian's stop in and have the Lamb and Beef Gyro. You will not be disappointed. Lots of fresh vegetables and lots of well seasoned lamb and beef. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Rusty M
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I wrote a review in late May of Lucian's, my wife and I were there today July 1st for lunch and excellent as the first time. Great gyros's which is their main menu item and excellent flavors. Normally I wouldn't get too excited about a gyro and spend this time writing, but they have something special in their tasty treats. I wrote this to post a photo this time. Lucian is a nice young man and doing all he can to promote his place. It's in a strip center off the main road but easy to find and worth the trip. They are open until 7PM during the week and 5PM on Saturday. Closed Sunday.

1  Thank primediver
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Place opened up right down the road from where we live and I'm a fan of Greek. The people here are actual Greeks and man they do a great job and I've tried nearly everything in there and it hasn't let me down yet! One combo meal can easily feed two. There dessert is also very good. It's a family owned place and I hope they stay in business for my sake. Come support the place. The lamb gyro is my favorite.

1  Thank SnowflakeApe