“The Alchemy Shoppe” 4 of 5 bubbles

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“The Alchemy Shoppe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2007

My husband and I visited Hot Springs in March. We made an appointment for a couples massage/facial package at the Alchemy Shoppe (across from Buckstaff Bath House). The front of the store sells soaps, lotions, etc made by the owner. In the back and partially upstairs, is the spa. We were lead up a beautiful old staircase in the back to the loft room. Our massage and facial were great. They used their products and only talked when/if we asked something. Soothing music, low lights and curtains created a pleasant, relaxing atmosphere. After our treatments, we dressed and were brought back down to the main spa area, where we were treated with a muffin, some chocolates and bottled water. At our leisure, we ate and then paid for our service. The staff was all very friendly and suprisingly, the spa package was cheaper than I read on their website--I think they have couples packages and this was one. My only hesitation with fully recommending them is that we were still "greasy" later in the day from the lotions slathered on. We could only stand it for a couple of hours before we had to return to our hotel to take quick showers. Maybe it was the product or they used too much? But I think we would go back--especially for their good prices and great staff/atmosphere.

9 Thank Christie R