“Best deal in Hot Springs”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2010

My friend and I found Alpine Inn via internet search and decided to give it a try for our annual girl's trip since the price was right and the reviews good. What a great decision! The property and rooms are very clean and well kept, and the owners are super accommodating and nice. Obviously the property isn't a Four Seasons, but is much like a very nice little roadside motel; perfect for an overnight stay (or in our case, three night stay). With their amazing prices, we were able to splurge on spa treatments. The only points of concern were 1) Location: they are about 3/4 to 1 mile out from the main stretch. We prefer to walk, but must admit we were a little uncomfortable walking back to the hotel late in the evening. We did it one night but opted to drive after that. 2) Smell: It is an older hotel so it has the musty smell of an older hotel. It was very noticeable when we first arrived, but became much less noticeable after we cranked-up the AC. Of course, the "old" smell may also add to the charm for some. However, neither of the concerns would keep us from staying there again. It was a delightful experience. If you decide to give them a try, please give the sweet little resident parking lot cat a rub and a scratch for us.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 1, 2010

My mother and I traveled to Hot Springs for a vacation. Normally we would book a room at a hotel chain; however, I'm glad we didn't. The owners were very nice. They were always there and always happy to help. Each room was decorated differently. Our room was purple and white with beautiful furniture. It was based off of designs from a Scottish designer. There were chairs you could sit on outside your room and a very clean, big 8ft deep swimming pool you could use. This pool had shaded chairs and a comfy couch to sit on by the pool or you could sit in the sun. What's nice is the place isn't big to where their are tons of people. The owners will also give you recommendations to places to eat and go see. I really enjoyed my stay. Also, my bed was comfy and not too hard which is a plus! I would recommended this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I chose this motel after reading various poor reviews of most of the other motels in Hot Springs and the consistently nice ones about the Alpine Inn from various websites. The couple who own/run this motel are wonderful - just as present or absent as you wish them to be! They were great for suggestions and information about local restaurants, but not hovering in any way. Best of all was the room - I have traveled extensively for both business and leisure and this room was great. It was cozy and didn't have lots of extra amenities, but it was CLEAN, comfortable and had obviously had TLC put into it. There were lots of homey touches and the bed was as awesome - a real bed frame with headboard/footboard, not something attached to the wall with a good quality mattress. The location was good too; literally 2 minutes from the main part of downtown and the motel offers discount coupons one of the bath houses. I will definitely be staying here from this point forward when visiting Hot Springs. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This is the cutest out of the way place to stay. Ten of us ( a mix of bankers, doctors, nurses, etc..) took off on our motorcycles for a five day vacation. Found this place right here on trip advisor and it was great. No extra amenities but very clean and cute rooms for a really great price.The owners, a Scottish couple, were very delightful. Only a couple of miles from the touristy down town section and about 4 miles from Starbucks!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2010

It was such a pleasure to stay at the Alpine Inn again. Last year, we stayed there and it was a very good experience. And this time it was also just outstanding. The couple that owns and manages it are truly fine folks. They've added some really nice touches to the rooms. Nothing luxiourious, but little things that make you feel that you're being taken care of.

Don't miss staying at this place!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2010

My husband and I have traveled to Hot Springs during the racing season probably four or five times and have stayed in a different place each time. Now we will be returning to the Alpine Inn. The rooms may be modest but they are clean and cheerful and have really comfy beds. What makes your stay memorable, however, are the owners. They are warm, attentive, charming and make you feel like you are a friend staying with them. You cannot find that in any hotel chain. Their rates are great, too. I came back relaxed and happy!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Absolutely great place to stay. I have stayed at a lot of places over the years and this is the only one that absolutely made me feel like I was in my own bed. Great accomodations and very very clean. The theme rooms are very inviting and relaxing. Eric and Leslie are wonderful hosts and a pleasure to visit with. We will never stay at another place in Hot Springs.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple