“Perfect for us”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My children and I went for 2 days to visit Magic Springs theme park and we had the best time. The hotel was clean and decorated nicely. The owners Eric and Leslie were very sweet. When we got there Leslie met us on arrival and did our registration in our room. It was very personable and a unique experience that you won't get at any large hotel chain. We stayed in the Safari room which was perfectly layed out with the 2 bedrooms and bath and an almost full kitchen, no stove, but we didn't need one. I had read all the reviews and was just as pleased as the other reviewers. We will return soon! Thanks Eric and Leslie... Amy, Jamin and Jacie

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Alpine Inn recently. There were six of us (four adults, a teenager, and a ten year old). We stayed in one of the suites. We had a great time (even though there was only one bathroom and a teenage girl)! The beds were comfortable, the noise level wasn't bad (we were the nearest room to the street but the traffic noise didn't bother use), and the pool was great. We were able to walk to downtown Hot Springs. Overall, this was the best value that I could find. The hosts were very kind and gracious.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Someone_else60950
Reviewed June 4, 2013

A former co-worker stayed at the Alpine Inn last year, and I remembered how much he liked it when I was looking for a place during a recent short stay in Hot Springs. And he was right - Eric & Leslie are terrific owners and have a great little place. My queen room was bright & clean, had new bedding with a kitchenette. As a matter of fact, Leslie was even hanging a new shower curtain when I checked in. Oh and they had even stocked the "pantry" with dishes, utensils, etc. I would definitely stay here again, and will recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2013

In the interest of "full disclosure" my husband and I went to a wedding in April of 2012 - but the drop down only goes back to June... I meant to do a review sooner, but life just keeps rolling along. The Alpine Inn obviously made an impression if more than a year later here I am taking the time to leave a note. : ) One of the first "plus-es" was that they would take a 1 night reservation. With young children my husband and I can't always get away for an entire weekend. I looked at probably a dozen bed and breakfast places and they all required a 2 night minimum. The owners (a husband and wife - from Ireland or Scotland if I remember correctly) were very easy to reach via email to set up the reservation and answer questions.
I'd have to say the only "minus" would be our initial arrival and ultimate departure. When we got there we couldn't find anyone and were unsure as to where exactly to look to find them. However - it wasn't more than 5 minutes at the outside before Eric (yay - I remembered his name!) came up to us. Same sort of scenario played out on Sunday we sort of wandered around the parking lot when it was time to check out. My husband did the actual checking out so I don't know if there wasn't anyone in the office - or being the weekend, or being their business/home things weren't as definitive as a regular hotel. BUT that is also what allows for the charm of the property.
We stayed in the Rose room - small relative to the size of the bed but really, quaint and cozy. My husband and I are big people and it did not feel cramped at all. The bed was a king and it was extremely comfortable - and lush. I do remember that clearly. The bathroom was nice, clean, adequate for our needs. I do remember it being quirky on some level (that I can't specifically recall) but again - part of the reason we picked the Alpine in the first place. (Also don't read that as "scary" or unsafe)
Some other sort of random things - I remember we paid for the "upgrade" on the breakfast apparently I misunderstood what that meant, but best I could tell that meant we got a container of yogurt (and a muffin?) added to the tray in our room. Just wasn't sure what the regular breakfast would have been. Not a big deal - just not worth the extra money in my opinion.
To end on a good note, when we arrived it was mid day on a Saturday - and traffic was terrible with an accident in the downtown area to boot. Eric took the time to print us off a map of an alternate route to the lake to help us get to our wedding. All in all I would say the innkeepers go the extra mile and put in the extra effort to make sure their guests have not only an exceptional stay with them but also have a pleasant time in Hot Springs.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZhivagosGirl
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quiet clean place to be tucked away for relaxation and visiting the baths. The Place was #1 in all that. Eric and Leslie, the owners, are delightful people. We wanted to go to the baths the next morning but the tub races were going to have the streets blocked off in front of the bath area. Eric drove down himself that very morning to check out the best route for us. Now that is personal service, we didn't even ask him to do that. Our 'Autumn' room was so very clean and I mean really nice and clean. This room is small but that is exactly what we needed this trip. So pleasant, so relaxing. Oh, yes, you get discount tickets from Eric and Leslie for Quapaw Baths. They also offer discounts for the Tower and the Gardens.

Room Tip: Don't let the a/c units scare you away. Our room was fine and cool. Tell Eric and Leslie your...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kay S
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I will start by saying this establishment is definitely "vintage" but in a good way and has everything newer places have (coffee, micro, fridge, etc). Our room actually had more - a little kitchen area with a gas stove and a full set of dishes, utensils, and glasses! It is very clean and comfortable, the owners are very nice people, and you can't beat the price. I loved the little "extras," like the snacks in the room, the tables and chairs in front of each room, and the quaint garden area around back where guests can relax and visit. We didnt visit the pool but I'm sure it was just as nice as everything else. I am sure we will stay there again when we visit Hot Springs next time!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msfeebz
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great little place, squeaky clean with very comfortable beds. The hosts are most helpful with all sorts of information. Nice garden area to sit and read a book. There is no breakfast room, however some basic food items and coffee machines are provided in the rooms.
Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms are of different sizes so make sure to check when booking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo