“Alpine Inn is simply AMAZING!”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I happen to find The Alpine Inn by chance last summer when I was looking for a place in Arkansas to spend my 30th birthday(August 2012). I was looking for a relaxing, close, short trip....and I hit the jackpot! They owners of Alpine Inn are so kind, helpful, and just great people. My room was cozy, perfectly clean, cool, and the beds were out of this world! The Alpine Inn is truly a Diamond in my eyes. I was able to spend 4 day completely relaxing. I enjoyed my stay so much I returned 7 months later(March 2013) and left with the same experience all over again.

Room Tip: My favorite so far has been the "Golf Room"
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AmyHartcraft

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been in the hotel/lodging business for 40 years, and only rarely anymore do I find a quaint establishment run by owners who really care about their property.
This is one of them.
The room my husband and I stayed in was exceptionally clean and presented the personal touch of the owners, Eric and Leslie. These owners could not be more kind and helpful.
This is a treasured find and made our trip to Hot Springs Arkansas more than memorable and definitely worth the 300 mile detour.
Kathy Clark

Room Tip: Any room is fine because the owners will not rent one that does not meet their standards.
3  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed April 13, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay. Eric was so helpful and cordial. The Inn has been around a long time, but they have decorated the rooms so tastefully. My husband and I stayed in the Garden Suite and we loved it. The bed was very comfortable and lots of room. It was extremely clean. It had such character, like the older places do. Bay windows in the dining/sitting area (floor to ceiling), arched doorway to the kitchenette. One of our favorite things about the suite was the gas fireplace. The nights were chilly, and it gave it such warmth and ambience. The suite is in the back of the property, and a small older neighborhood street runs behind it. No traffic noise, however. There was a patio sitting area right across from the suite. All rooms have chairs outside the rooms, and it seemed that all the guests congregated outside. It was quiet, as it is tucked away in the historic district. Al the cat added character to the place. Owners Eric and Leslie have a jewel of a place. The historical district/downtown is just a few blocks away, so convenient. We will definitely book here again! Thank you Eric and Leslie for making our stay so pleasant!

1  Thank DeniseS4
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a clean and comfortable, family run property. The proprietors, Eric and Leslie Wilson are friendly and accommodating. They operate the inn themselves, using great personal touch. Every room is a bit unique, all are spotless and comfortable. If you desire, however, the facilities of a chain motel, this is not the place for you.

We checked in for a four night stay and were showed the room we had reserved. Eric immediately noted that it was too small for us staying that long, and suggested we stay in another larger suite for the same price. We ended up with what they call the Safari Suite, a three room suite (kitchenette), with more than ample room.

Although we found the Alpine Inn under bed and breakfast, it is more of a motel. Breakfast consists of packaged muffins and juices, along with ample coffee for the coffee maker. Not a bad way to start, but we chose a full restaurant breakfast to start our day.

The only negative I found was that the Wifi didn't work in our room, due to signal loss. Minor issue, although Eric mentioned plans to fix that soon.

We stay there again, as it is the type of accommodation and value we seek when traveling.

Room Tip: There are four rooms in the main house and 10-11 motel rooms of varying sizes.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WVUNeal
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We are currently relaxing in our room on the last day of our 4 night stay at the Alpine Inn and I thought it would be a great time to write my review. It is our 25th anniversary and we made the PERFECT choice of places to stay!

First let me say that our Host and Hostess are WONDERFUL! They have made sure that we are comfortable, happy, and our room well stocked and clean throughout our stay. They have made fantastic suggestions, given great directions, and are just really nice people to talk with! You will enjoy their company I assure you.

Second, our room. We are staying in the Bulls and Bears kitchenette (room 6) and it is just as described and more. The room is very roomy with a cute nightstand that doubles as a little dresser, closet w/hangers, writing desk, nice flatscreen TV w/basic cable, and alarm clock in the sleeping area. The bed, a pillow-top queen, is VERY comfortable and the comforter is warm and cozy. The kitchen area has a fridge, microwave, full size sink, full set of dishes, coffee maker, and table for 2. The coffee, creamer, sweeteners, muffins, granola bars, and juice coolers for breakfast are replenished as needed every day. The bathroom is full size and even has a medicine cabinet to put all your bathroom needs in while you're staying here. They provide the usual - Shampoo, conditioner, soap (if you don't bring your own like we always do) - and even provide make up wipes for us ladies! These folks have thought of everything! Also, they provide free wi-fi for those of us who can't live without !LOL! The decor is financially themed (hence "Bulls and Bears") and done very nicely. The room is well kept up and clean. There is a small patio out front with 2 chairs and a small table. It was a nice spot to drink my coffee when the weather was agreeable.

Lastly, the grounds. Eric and Leslie have made a small garden area at the back of the long building with a few different setting areas. It's quiet and nice. Due to rain all but a day and a half of our stay we were only able to enjoy it once ourselves. The pool area will be great come swimming season. The sitting area is on a covered porch and it's a fairly nice sized pool. Then there is "Al", the cat of the Inn. Eric tells us he just showed up one day and has been with them every since. He's friendly but doesn't insist upon attention every time he spots you which is nice too. The inn is on the main drag coming into town but the road noise is not an issue at all. Downtown is only a couple mins drive away and I can see where some would walk it without a second thought.

We WILL come back to Hot Springs and we WILL stay with Eric and Leslie every time. This little inn is a hidden jem!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong no matter which room you choose!
2  Thank Carrie B
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Alpine Inn has it all ... Great location, very clean rooms, very friendly, helpful owners and just an overall wonderful atmosphere. My wife and I celebrated our second anniversary with a three-night stay at the Alpine Inn and we cannot wait to make a return trip. We stayed one night in a queen room and two nights in a king suite. Both rooms were great. Very comfortable beds, very clean rooms, etc... I especially recommend the Garden Suite!

If you are going to Hot Springs this is the place to stay. You will not regret it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RickH682
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed the specialness of the property. Great use of space in such a unique location. Appreciated all the attention given by the gracious hosts and will return and recommend. Too bad we didn't do as well at the races.

• Stayed: March 2013