“overcharged and under serviced”

Chrysalis Day Spa and Skin Care Center
usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“overcharged and under serviced”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My family decided to go to this spa out of several in Hot Springs. What a mistake! We were overcharged due to the services did not last as long as advertised and we were also made to wait about 30 minutes past our appt. times as well. Will not go back to this spa.

1 Thank lovetotravel2Usa

Texarkana, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed May 19, 2009

The Chrysalis Day Spa was wonderful. It was my first time to have a facial. They recommended what i should get and they made me feel comfortable and relaxed even though i was a little nervous because it was my first time and did not know what to expect. Everyone was extremely nice and my i got a chemical peel, a microdermabrasion and my eye lashes dyed. Everything turned out great!

hot springs
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bad Spa Day”
Reviewed June 8, 2008

I arrived 15 minutes early for my appointment, I waited over 40 minutes. The person who saw me said they were running late because the person before me had wanted extra services. As a result I did not receive the proper treatment. I wanted an ultimate facial. The steamer did not come on so that step was skipped and the whole thing was rushed. I came to the spa for a relaxing experience this definitley was not. During one of the steps the person stepped out of the room and left an exfoliating mask on my face. By the time they returned I was actually in pain from having the process extended to long. Whan I left the person told me I had a "rosy" glow. This turned into two painful scabs on both my cheekbones. (not very pretty at all). I called and left a voice message, and no one contacted me back. I called again, and talked to someone and they told me to come into the spa. I went in and was told this was normal and happened all the time. I have received facials before (actually one at this spa) and in the past they were always enjoyable and I looked better (not worse) as a result. I am very disapointed with the customer service and the results I received.

4 Thank HollyJollyHotSprings
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Ahhh....wonderful!”
Reviewed September 7, 2007

We had a wonderful massage and facial at Chrysalis Day Spa. (What a great way to start a vacation!) We had difficulty finding the place but we forgot all about that when we got the massage. I definitely recommend this place for anyone who is looking for relaxation.

2 Thank PickyHotelGuest
memphis, tn
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful spa experience”
Reviewed March 18, 2007

My family and I were recently in Hot Springs for a few days and I decided to spend some time at one of the local spas. After much research on the internet, I decided to make an appointment at the Chrysalis Day Spa. What a great day! I had a wonderful facial from Missy and probably the best massage I have ever had from Mike Wood. The spa is exactly as pictured on their web site (no terrible surprises) and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Although you may be surprised by the location in a mall complex, once you are inside you have entered another world. Thanks again to the staff at Chrysalis for making my spa visit so outstanding.

3 Thank Julia H