“Best spa in town!”

Chrysalis Day Spa and Skin Care Center
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've been a client for almost 7 years now. Every year a group of us come to Hot Springs for a girls spa weekend. Chrysalis is the grand finale. The services, staff and ambiance are professional, friendly and so relaxing. I look forward to many spa trips to Hot Springs specifically enjoying spa and salon services at Chrysalis Day Spa. Well done!

1  Thank Rose M
"arkansas"
in 5 reviews
"aromatherapy"

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I came here and did one of their couples packages. This was the first time a had a massage so I really did not have any comparison. The total package took a little over 2 hours and the staff was very friendly. Definitely liked the experience.

1  Thank blakewhite23
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Ask for the couples massage package. I'll let you ENJOY the rest without spoiling the fun. Had always used the Arlington for that old town feel, but will do this again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

As a licensed massage therapist in the state of Connecticut (having visited AR on vacation) I am completely appalled by the blatant lack of professional ethics presented by this spa in its entirety. The front desk girl, while sweet, did not provide health forms for myself and my fiancé upon our arrival; a document required by the Code of Ethics in the state of Arkansas. I had to go up and ask her for their "health form," a piece of paper that had one line to write what your "current health issues" were. After having filled this out, I was told I could just give it to the therapist. When they came and got us (5 minutes late), my fiance's therapist didn't even look at them or read them. He placed them on the front desk as we passed it on our way to our room. They didn't tell us their names, and he gave us a dry run down of procedure as the other therapist skittered away. Before my therapist started, I had to tell her everything in my medical history while I was on the table because she hadnt asked. I had to inform my therapist of joint issues and soft tissue damage, questions that EVERY massage therapist is trained to ask BEFORE giving a massage. My fiances therapist didnt even bother asking him if he had any issues (a huge, HUGE no-no in the world of LMTs.) The massage itself was terrible; the most generic, running-through-the-motions Swedish massage I had ever gotten. She didn't ask me any questions regarding pressure or spots of tension that I had; she just wanted to get it over with. After cutting us short by another 6 minutes ( they had their hands on us at 5:09, hands off at 5:49), they simply said "We'll leave water for you up front." and left. The front desk girl didn't even ask how our massage went or if we liked it. When we were paying, she didn't even ask if we wanted to leave a gratuity, something that any decent front desk guy or girl would ask to make sure the therapists got what they worked for. I understand how important tips are as a massage therapist: we make all of our money off of our tips. But, even knowing that, I did not tip those two. I was so offended and disgusted with their "professional conduct" that I just paid the $150 and left. I would stay away from this spa simply due to their lack of covering their butts legally, as well as their interpersonal skills. I am fully and wholeheartedly ashamed that I have to share my profession with those two therapists.

9  Thank Ctlmt