“Very expensive for this poor quality.”

Park Hotel of Hot Springs
Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The heater/air conditioner did not work.
No frig. in the room.
No curtains, just bare walls.
Very noisy toilet that we even heard it from upstairs.
Very tight faucet handles.
No exhaust-fan in the bathroom.
Terrible smell in the hallways.
Very high hidden fees that we only found out after we had paid.
It was hard to find the light switch in the bathroom, hidden.
No breakfast.
The only good thing is the convenient location, and free parking lot.
Friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Serjey R

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Didn't preplan the trip, and by the time I got here at about 630pm on a Friday, there weren't any hotel rooms to be found if you wanted to be in the central downtown area where the Nat'l Park Headquarters are. I paid $98 total thru Travelocity about a half-hour before I got there and when I checked in, Chiquita, the gal at the front desk had already printed my confirmation and she checked me in quickly and pleasantly. She even took me outside to show me where I could park my Harley.

There are some tables and chairs outside in the front of the hotel and smoking is allowed, including cigars. Rather small but charming bar and an Italian restaurant that is busy. Sure smells good.....

This hotel is not what I would call an upper-end "boutique" hotel. It's old and dated, the furniture is old and very basic, etc. Kind of like downtown Hot Springs in general. I haven't been to Hot
Springs in about 15 years and most of the downtown, historic area has really degraded since my last visit. Kinda glad I'm alone because if I'd have brought my significant other, I'd really be disappointed. For one night this is tolerable since it's just me. The location is very good, just a few minutes walk to downtown. I do like the charm of older "period" hotels which is what this one is but it's definitely not a place I would plan on staying in again.

Room Tip: I'm here in the spring with very pleasant temperatures and am planning on sleeping with my windo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank aabikr
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I will not be returning to this hotel. We checked in for a two day stay in February, 2014. We were charged extra for a bathtub with a shower, the shower didn't work. The morning after, my daughter and I got up around 8:00am to eat breakfast and to dig for quartz crystals. We returned to our room around 4:00 in the afternoon. Our bed wasn't made and there were no new towels or wash clothes, so we went downstairs and told the lady at the front desk about this mishap, as we were going out to eat, thinking that the beds would be made and cleans towels would be delivered to our room. WRONG. We returned at 6:00 and our rooms were still unmade. We made our own beds and went back downstairs to get clean towels and wash clothes. We were told the previous receptionist thought we were only staying for one night. How in the world could you say we were staying for one night when the room was paid for Two nights using a credit card! Needless to say, I won't be returning.
No internet except in the lobby, no fridge in room. The only good thing about it was it was within walking distance of downtown,

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Avis B
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked this thru hotel.com and were thoroughly disgusted. Rancid smell, pictures on website are not actual rooms. Not only did we have broken blinds with no curtains, the bed was awful and missing a bed skirt, holes in carpet, shower was dirty and mildly not to mention the extremely loud industrial flushing toilets that you could hear from other rooms. Walls were incredibly thing with vents in your door making privacy non existent. And don't waste your $ on the restaurant! I couldn't believe there were as many people eating as there were. Our food was horrible, at best frozen and microwave topped with canned tomatoes. Prices outrageous, charging an additional $2 on top of of $5 amaretto sour @ $5. Service was horrible. And parking was scary as we had to park in a dirt lot half a block from the front door. And I swear we heard "scratching" noises all night. My husband seems to think it was mice in the walls but Im pretty sure it was ghosts.Bottom line, do not try to save a buck staying here!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank shayellis
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great location while staying in Hot Springs, Good price, nice old Hotel, we new that going in, but, our room had a nice view. That's it....... Soon as we walked in it reeked of carpet fresh so bad we had to open the windows just so we could breath. The furniture were $10 garage sale pieces at best. The bed was really used. Mattress and box springs, and the pillows were straight from the 70's. We couldn't even use the blanket, we Had to bring up our own from the car. The carpet had holes in it and it stunk. The Bathroom was old and we knew that, and it was okay. Try the Arlington next door if your looking for location and an old period hotel, we wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave H
Reviewed November 29, 2013

How does this hotel have a 3 star rating? My only thought is that the hotel reviews itself.

This hotel is a disaster. The furniture looks as though it was purchased from a thrift shop. The central heat does not work. The staff, while friendly, gives different answers each time you ask a question.

Yes, the location is good.....but there are other hotels to choose from. Trust me....do not stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank cke3211454
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay here. Great location as it is located by the upper entrance to the National Park Grand Promenande. It's picturesque and quiet. It's a 5 minute walk to Central Avenue. The hotel is a boutique hotel so has a charming quality to it interms of the decor and exterior. The hotel has been around since the 1930s which, for America, is old!

The staff were very helpful and friendly. We experienced lovely Southern hospitality in Hot Springs and it's refreshing to stay in a non-chain hotel.

Breakfast wasn't included but there's lots of places to eat in the town.

Overall, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have good views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple