“Enjoyed staying at Park Hotel”

Park Hotel of Hot Springs
Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Park Hotel deserves its name because my room had a wonderful view of the park. Perfect location. It's an older hotel with lots of character unlike more modern motels that all look the same. It needs renovation but I was satisfied with its condition. I was impressed with the helpfulness of one of the receptionists, Debbie, who was very friendly and gave me lots of valuable advice and directions to where I wanted to go. The only problem I had was the noise level- mostly from the motorcyclists that are abundant in Hot Springs National Park area and, in my opinion, are disrespectful of this sacred place.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Delia789

Reviewed March 22, 2011

My husband and I spent three nights at this lovely hotel. We loved it! The food at Angel's was fabulous. The staff is friendly and a joy to visit with. The Civil War bookstore is cool, too! It reminded us of New Orleans hotels. GREAT!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan_Arkansas
Reviewed March 16, 2011

The people are very wonderful, and very helpful and polite. The hotel boast it's own mini-civil war museum. While it's a 81 years old building, it is in good condition. The park is very impressive.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jethrot1
Reviewed February 27, 2011

The furniture in the rooms is not luxury but it is comfortable and the view can't be beat. I recommend an '01' room , corner rooms with cross ventilation and 2 great views. The lobby and Angel's Restaurant were loaded with charm! The location was fabulous, tons of shopping, other restaurants , sights, spas, and gorgeous nature just right out the door.
But the best thing of all was the service. Everyone seemed genuinely glad to be there and to have us there. They were so helpful with directions and suggestions and just really friendly. We felt like family. They made us feel like special guest. And even with this burning desire to redecorate the rooms to period and sandblast the outside I will always stay at the The Park when I'm in Hot Springs!

1  Thank Earthmuffin99
Reviewed February 27, 2011

When we go to Hot Springs Ark in the future we will ALWAYS stay at the Park Hotel,! It may not be all glitzy and modern but thats part of what we love about the place! The staff is AWESOME!!! I'd rather stay there than hotels costing much more Thank you Park Hotel for our Romantic mini weekend vacation!!!

1  Thank lunatus
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. The linens are poor quality and the beds are uncomfortable. Quality, plush linens and big, comfy beds would make this hotel a charming place to stay.

1  Thank heathernta
Reviewed February 8, 2011

The Park hotel is the only place I stay when travelling to Hot Springs. Back in my "single" days I would, once a year, have a personal weekend getaway. The Park is where I would always go. It is within walking distance to Bathhouse Row, shopping, coffee shops, everything and Angels has wonderful food and service right there in the hotel. The rooms are a bit dated, but the comfort and the quiet is all that mattered to me. As for the rooms, I highly recommend having a tub/shower, as the shower takes forever to run hot water; running a hot bath took the same amount of time as waiting on the shower to heat up. I love it and will actually be there again very soon, only this time I am taking my finally found "better half" with me.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo