“dont bother......”
Review of Swan Song Spa

Swan Song Spa
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The swan song spa might have had its day in the 80's. because that were it has stayed.
the longtime owner has passed away and now the wife is runnig it on her own..no help!
the facilities are almost scary. Dirty, decor is nasty, massage bed are well over 20 years
old hard as a rock. uses thick towels for cover during massage, HOT!
Massage was like someone putting suntan lotion on a little baby.
Couples especially should avoid this place. Therapist left the room numerous time during massage? Very sad as I am sure at some time this was a good place.

4  Thank CRAIG P

Reviewed June 26, 2012

From the looks of the menu, we thought we were in for a real treat. On site mineral springs - like the Arlington and Central Avenue bathhouses -- but we were attracted by the idea of private pools and 4 hour couples treatment that includes the waters, a mini pedicure, scrub/wrap, massage ($700). But once inside, the energy was such that we couldn't relax. Clearly aimed at the wishful thinking tourist. We wish we had checked into it further before making that kind of commitment. If you must try it, start with a 50 minute swedish (deep tissue runs $15 more) and if you like it better than the other spas in town, THEN share your credit card. But definitely don't book an expensive treatment for starters. You'll be disappointed and have no way out.

4  Thank Sherry C
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I see that a lot of reviews are judging a book by it's cover and I might have as well but for a high recommendation from a previous customer. Sure it is a little cheesy but the products they use are the best I have ever experienced at any fancy spa. I had the very luxurious facial and when the clay masque was applied it felt like my face came alive and I could feel the clay drawing out impurities and a face neck and shoulder massage at the end was a perfect way to total relaxation. Everything is done very professionally. Be sure and purchase peppermint soap to take home. My entire house has the lovely scent after a shower with this. I also did the arlington hotel expensive body scrub/mineral bath/masaage and liked swan song so much better.

4  Thank LMHO2523
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Ignore the shag carpet and dream catchers? No way! I have done the "posh" spas and the surgery-room type ones.....all perfect and fancy and i hate them!!!!!! It was like being "next in line". Here, you are "going home" and the feeling....the smells.....everything inspired a feeling of intimate care and that you are special. I can walk into Swan Song and just relax as it feels so cozy. Did i mention that I also have the best care there? All for ME is how i feel....sorry, but i would trade every other spa visit for just one here. I can get that 'sterile" feeling anywhere...but only here can I feel this pampered and special.

2  Thank cattfury
See more reviews
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I was creeped out from the moment I walked in. Macrame' dream catchers, shag carpet, fake flowers, Christmas lights... But if you can relax enough to get over the country decor, you might enjoy your massage. Beware - she charged our credit card extra after we left, saying that we were ineligible for the group rate discount because we didn't spend enough while we were there.

7  Thank Julie B