“DON'T STAY HERE!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hot Springs, AR
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This place is HORRIBLE! The breakfast was disgusting, there was no air on the elevator or stairwell, the elevator went out the last night of our stay and the license inside for the elevatore expired 4 months ago. There was a foul odor in our room and our room was not cleaned the entire time we were here (4 days). I requested a room on a lower floor and was told there were none available even though I booked my room 6 weeks prior to visiting Hot Springs. Spend the extra money and go to Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Heather H
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We do apologize for the breakfast and for the inconvenience of the elevator breaking the last night of your stay. We would like to make things right and discuss this further. Please contact us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. ~Dana

Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I have stayed in Hot Springs on at least 3 other occasions. 2 of the hotels are situated in the older section of Hot Springs on the other end of central ave near the famous bathhouses. The only issue we had was the firmness of the beds. A bit too firm for our tastes. The hotel offered free high speed internet, free breakfast and is situated in the middle of everything. The fitness center and indoor pool are small but remember where you are staying. Our room was clean and the front desk was very polite and helpful. Please don't expect to find a 4 star hotel in Hot Springs. Whether you stay in a 1 star or 4 star, your rooms should be clean and things need to be in working order. For the price, this hotel more than fits the bill.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jerseytraveller_8
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Average at best. It's 4 walls and a bed with free internet and breakfast. If you aren't spending a lot of time in the room, it will be fine. We had 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids) in one 'suite' for 3 nights and I for one couldn't wait to get out of there. While there was nothing wrong with it, it just isn't a comfortable place. The staff was accommodating and nice, though.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I checked into a room yesterday for 3 nights. I left in the afternoon to drive around & see some sights I had not seen in a long time & when returning to the room later, I noticed that the carpet was filthy. I took pics & went to front desk to see about getting another room. The clerk (very friendly) showed me 3 more rooms. All were the same so she called her manager & they did refund the money, but it was not back into the account last night. I did find another room! A very clean room for less money!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sherry L
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I took some students here to a conference. Upon checking in, I stated I would need to use a different method of payment upon leaving and was told that was okay. Alas, upon checkout, the desk clerk informed me the card had been charged upon booking, which a main reason I chose this hotel was because my regular hotel was going to charge the card a month prior to the trip. This has caused some issues with moving funds around at my place of employment. Upon entering the room, the alarm clock and lights were not working. After we pulled back the end table, we noticed they were unplugged for some reason. I was pleased to find a mini fridge in the room. The bathroom had some hairs left over from the last visit both days (we stayed two nights) and the soap was thrown away by the maid, yet she left the ice bucket and did not replace the cups. I was happy there was a gym but disappointed when I arrived to find some weights and an old, home-grade treadmill. The locations was good, within walking distance to Kroger and the mall, with The Bleu Monkey right next door. The breakfast had a pretty good selection: waffles, oranges, biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausage one morning and small chicken patties the other, English muffins, bagels, muffins, cereals, coffees and juices. There was a delicious cookie available in the evenings as well. The parking was very close to the building. All in all, it was somewhere to sleep, but not a place you would go if you were going to be spending a lot of time in your room.

Room Tip: There are several rooms that I would ask to NOT have (which are about half in the hotel): Not by th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2012

A friend and I spent two nights and three days at the Country Inn & Suites Hotel during the 2012 Sunbelt Basketball Conference Tournament held in Hot Springs. I booked the hotel prior to reading some of the negative reviews about the Country Inn and Suites. After my stay, I must say that the reviews did not fairly characterize the Country Inn and Suites. We enjoyed the hotel. I do a lot of traveling in my profession as an attorney and have stayed in four and five star hotels. This hotel certainly met my standards. Although check-in starts at 3:00 p.m., we checked in after 9:00 p.m. because we spent the day watching basketball games. We called the hotel to tell the front desk clerk that we would check in late. He was very friendly. When we arrived, he was very professional and courteous. We asked for two full beds and he immediately accommodated us. In arriving to the hotel room, we were very pleased to see that the rooms were clean and very updated. The bed linen and towels were clean. Likewise, the bathrooms was clean. I did not observe any mildew in the shower, something I have experienced in four and five star hotels. We stayed on the first floor and it was very quite. Although I never ate breakfast, my companion ate breakfast every morning and tried to convince me to join him. He said that the breakfast was fantastic and included waffles that one could prepare, eggs and fruit. The hotel provided complementary newspapers, had a small fitness room, indoor swimming pool and whirlpool. The pictures on the internet accurately captures the indoor pool, lobby, etc. At checkout, the desk clerk asked how we enjoyed our stay. I told him that I was pleasantly surprised based on some of the negative reviews I had observed. After we checked out, we returned to use the bathroom on the first floor. Again, the desk clerk was very nice and professional when I told him that we returned to use the bathrooms. The bathrooms on the first floor for men and women were very clean. When I travel, cleanliness is at the top of my list. This hotel was very clean. We thoroughly enjoyed the hotel, its proximity to the Summit Convention Center, shopping and restaurants, including a seafood restaurant on a lake, just a couple miles pass the hotel. If you like to bet, Oaklawn is nearby, something that we did not visit. We also liked the fact that the hotel appeared to be in a very safe neighborhood. In my opinion, I thought that the hotel was fantastic for the price and will return. Again, a wonderful, clean, and safe hotel for the price. Thanks, Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: Probably would have a suite next time.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Angela W
Reviewed February 19, 2012

In a town of relatively poor hotels, this place does a reasonable job of being decent. Beds are not great quality. 1 bed Room is cramped, layout not great (microwave has to be moved to be plugged in).Some travel sites show this as being a 2.5-3 star place, but there is noticeable difference in quality between this and most other 3 star hotels. In hot springs, either pay to stay in the old town, on the lake, or in a nice place. This hotel is none of the above. For the money, try somewhere else first.

• Stayed: February 2012