“Horrible”

Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Kansas City, Missouri
“Horrible”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL! Reserved two rooms at this hotel - one for me and one for my sister and her husband. My room door was open when I got there. The room smelled horrible - kind of like mildew. The bath tub faucet couldn't shut off so the water ran - not dripped, constantly. When I went to sit on the couch in the room, my behind nearly hit the floor due to no padding in the couch. My sister's room was even worse. When she opened the door to her room, the bed was not made, their were dirty towels thrown all over the sink, the room had a terrible odor and was damp. Needless to say, we checked out as fast as we checked in.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Gilmer, Texas
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We booked here becuase it was only thing available. We had stayed here once before, was not that bad. this time was real bad. the main door was falling off the hinges. room smelled real bad. we did get another room just to find more problems. there was no mattress pad on the beds and the sheets were real thin (yuk, yuk, yuk). shower and toilet ran all night. there was no electrical covers on the outlets in the wall, exposed wire everywhere. the pamplete we received in lobby said everyroom equiped with coffeepot, iron and ironing board, microwave and frig. that is lie noon of these items were in our room. We will never, never stay here again. I would be ashamed to rent places like this. stay away...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed February 12, 2011

please people what ever you do dont stay here. My mother and I went to stay here after we went to oaklawn and we stayed cause it had a cheap price. I guess if u pay for cheap that what your gunna get. We got two rooms and when we went in the room was soooo cold and the nob on the heater wouldnt switch to heat. The smoke detecter beaped every five minutes in both rooms the remote wouldnt work in either room and she didnt even have a phone in her room. The fridge was messed up in her room. The bed sheets did not fit my bed. My toliet just kept running and I had to celan the bath tub out and it took literly 15 mintues for the hot water to come on in my room. it was horrible.. also there was ajoining doors and they were open and the door knob was broke on one of them to the point were we didnt feel safe in that room.. so we called and complained and had the put us in the new room they just redid.. we got up early and ate the cheap breakfast and headed home.. DONT NOT STAY THERE!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Marvelous_11
Greers Ferry, Arkansas
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This place was horrible!! We chose to stay here because of location. To say it needs repair is putting it lightly! The faucet was very hard to turn on...it felt like it was breaking in my hand. The door was very hard to open and close. I worried about our things being left in the room while we were away. The heater sounded like it was gonna blow.

The outlets in my friends room all went out. They had no lights and had to move the TV to a different plug before it would come on.

The rooms smell horrible. The beds were very uncomfortable. There was no alarm clock or clock of any kind in the room nor was there a coffee pot. The exterior of the building was also in disrepair. Even the lobby was bad. There was nothing good about this place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 24, 2010

The reception building is the best looking part of this facility. From there, it's downhill. The exterior of the two hotel wings look in need of renovation. The interiors of the room look the same. Every plumbing feature in the room dripped all night long. The room was a bit scary. I actually brought a blanket and sheet into the room from my car and slept on top of the bed. I didn't use any of the bathing facilities.

The on-duty reception staff person though was very accommodating and helpful. She willingly moved me to a room away from the street and offered me a bridge networking device so the Internet access would work in that section of the facility.

It is cheap. And so, I suppose a good value. But the two hotels a stone's throw away sure make you wish longingly....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We called to reserve our room and needed a late check in (after 10 p.m.) for myself, my husband and his mother. We booked over the phone and staff was very friendly. We were needing a specific room that had a pull out sofa. When we arrived at our room they had the pull out sofa already turned out for us with sheets, blankets and pillows. They had the a/c turned on and the room was nice and cool. We also had plenty of room to put our puppy crate in the room. We stayed two nights and both nights was a pleasant experience. Rooms were very clean, no issues at all. Had to get some extra towels and one blanket but wasn't any trouble to get those items. Staff very friendly. We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
st. louis, mo
Reviewed July 3, 2010

first of all, arrived and was told room was not ready, had to come back in two hours. then was given a room that looked like it hadnt been used in a long time. big square patches torn out of the rug and the patch just laying there, dog hair everywhere, bathroom door was falling apart and looked like a dog had been locked in there and tore the back of the door all to pieces. pool water was way too warm with racoons running around. was told the hotel had free high speed internet, but the catch is it only works in the lobby (not in the rooms). fridge in room was not plugged up so it took it a good while to cool down. hotel is generally ugly and run down. would have been bearable for about half the price i guess.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family