“Good but overpriced”
Review of Back Porch Grill

Back Porch Grill
Ranked #39 of 274 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Back Porch Grill is the premiere steakhouse located on beautiful Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, Arkansas. We serve certified Angus beef grilled on an open pit before your eyes, as well as exceptional seafood selections, chicken dishes and pastas in handmade sauces. We offer stunning lake views year round and outdoor seating when the weather permits. From first dates to wedding receptions and family reunions, Back Porch Grill is perfect for ANY occasion
“Good but overpriced”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had dinner here recently and walked away with a $70 tab but just average food, nothing spectacular. The salads were generous but you could tell that they were made in advance and put in the refrigerator until their number came up. My husband enjoyed the generous portion of bleu cheese that topped off his salad dressing, but I was underwhelmed by the ranch dressing on mine. I had the shrimp skewers which were cooked perfectly but lacked presentation. The black pepper fries were good but tasted like they came out of the freezer. Hubby had the red snapper with artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes. Again, good but nothing to write home about....that is all we had along with 2 glasses of wine and 1 glass of iced tea, no dessert or appetizers. We checked the bill and it was correct, but still feel like we overpaid for ordinary food. Probably won't go back.

East Texas
“Good place, decent steak”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Our experience here was good. It wasn't spectacular, but we would go back. My husband had a ribeye with a creamy cajun sauce and shrimp that was on special, and I had a 4 oz filet. Both were properly cooked, and the sauce on his was delicious. I thought the price of mine was reasonable, but his was a surprise at over $30, which was conveniently not printed on the specials. Oh well. Also, as another reviewer pointed out, they charge extra for cheese on your baked potato. That is just annoying. The appetizers we had were also good- spinach artichoke dip and fried avocados. We both agreed that the avocados needed something to spice them up- either some salsa or maybe a spicier dipping sauce, like a jalepeno ranch. Overall, I would recommend the place.

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Mushy steak!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I ate dinner at the Back Porch Grill while visiting the area. I ordered the tenderloin. It was had a very mushy texture VERY similar to those very cheap (sometimes on sale for 2 for $5) grocery store vacuum sealed tenderloin steaks--both taste & texture a little off!! I've questioned where those things come from. Are they really beef, and if so how come they are so cheap in the grocery store. We couldn't believe they were charging $31 for that not to mention the $1.50 extra for twice backed potatoes that turned out to be a 1/2 inch smear of mashed potatoes in a very shallow, small dish with a little cheese and imitation sour cream on top! So sad!!

Mead, Colorado
“You MUST eat here!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Awesome service and food! I had the lobster and my husband had a steak recommended by our waitress. Awesome choice. Would definately go back!

Visited October 2012
Hot Springs
“Good Filet”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My Wife an I had the 6 oz and 4 0z filet with Baked Potato and salad. The Blu cheese salad dressing was very good. The house dressing was excellent. The filet was bacon wrapped. The steaks were ordered rare and they were properly cooked (the bacon seemed underdone but thats to be expected I guess).

The waiter was friendly and attentive.

One thing I find annoying, and that is there is an extra charge if you want anything but butter or sour cream on your baked potato. Bread is served on request only, which I forgot to ask for.

The restaurant has accsss to Lake Hamilton and the pier has room for many boats. That's why we came by boat.

Resrvations are accepted but unnecessary as the seating far exceeds the customers.
The bill for the two filet dinners including tax was $45.00