“Our Getaway”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Conway, Arkansas
“Our Getaway”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

There are not enough words to describe the perfection of this inn. No picture will do it justice. The place is simply beautiful, serene, tranquil, relaxing. The gourmet breakfast they serve is simple, yet amazing. The owners and staff are terrific. My husband and I have stayed at the inn several times. It is our oasis in the middle of our busy lives. We are always looking forward to the next time we can return, and always sad when our weekends at the inn end. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. It is magic.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a patio or balcony. The view is beautiful. My favorite room is the Pocahontas...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Black Mountain, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I am sad I only had two nights at a place I would be thrilled to spend two weeks at! It was more than I could have imagined- sure the pics look nice but the reality is so much more. The place is a large cottage/mansion look that is incredibly charming. Then you enter the B&B and the entry way is grand- you are looking down into a beautiful hardwood flooring foyer with a nice table and arrangement and a very approachable and obvious front desk- this may seem a simple sight maybe one expected but not something I typically find in a B&B and from a crows nest perspective from above. Then there was the room! How I loved that bed! I have not slept so well and so comfortably in my own bed in ten years. This bed allowed me to sink into unimaginable softness and fall into the deepest sleep in years. I even asked where they got their mattresses from and they told me! Then there was the spa tub- so large and comfortable under a stained glass window lit from the outside. How dreamy! They even have amazing bath salts up front that you can get. The view from every room is the lake, rolling gardens, hammocks, and a little mini-stream/falls through the property. This IS the dream place to relax if you are under stress. This is the place to recharge for life. The food was excellent - they had snacks made just for me because I am Gluten sensitive. They made me GF pancakes, cookies and brownies. For a person on a restricted diet this kind of care is precious- there are the foods I can almost never find unless I cook them myself. A++++ people and place. Everyone there is top of the line personalities and professionalism. I will be staying there again. And this time for at least a week.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are nice here but if you want lap of luxury get into the Evening Shade room. E...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you want some time with your loved one then this is defintely the place to go. The offer wine, snacks and other goodies during lunch time and it is so quiet. The prices can be kind of high but it is worth it. The staff is very welcoming and when you first walk in, the steps are amazing. The landscaping is beautiful and the lake is serene. There are seats for you to sit out and watch the sun rise/set. We had a room with a nice balcony and we really enjoyed it. Beats every hotel that I have stayed at in Hot Springs. We will be here every year.

Room Tip: Book rooms depending on space and the view you would like.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dickinson
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Lookout Point last May for a wedding and had an amazing time. The customer service and cleanliness was 5 star. I would recommend this place to everyone. Only one thing I would note is that if you have any food preferences let the wait staff know before breakfast is served. They are so amazing at asking you ahead of time and the food is amazing. So speak up if you have any (gluten, dairy, ect.) My best friend was so happy she had her wedding here and we all so so enjoyed the accomendations.

Room Tip: They are all great rooms! I want to live there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful little get away here. The rooms are nice and the staff are wonderful. Also the breakfasts are excellent, very interesting. The property is situated right on Lake Hamilton, and they have a canoe which was perfect for me. Bathhouse row and the park are a little way away, but if you have a car, this is not a problem. We loved the afternoon wine and appetizers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was our first trip to Hot Springs and Lookout Point surpassed all expectations. Every single aspect of the stay was perfect. The inn sits tucked away right on the beautiful Lake Hamilton with the most spectuacular view you have even seen. Lush, beautifully landscaped grounds with a Koi filled pond ending in a little waterfall leading to the spectacular Lake. The view from our balcony of the Lake was one of the most peaceful and beautiful we have ever seen. The room and common areas were perfect, the food was great, and the service was impeccable. The staff is the kindest, most friendly we have ever encountered and went above and beyond to take care of our every need. Every last detail has been taken care of. My girlfriend is gluten intolerant and all I did was mention it when I made the reservation and they went to the trouble of making sure they cooked a special breakfast for her each day that was gluten-free! If you are looking for a romantic getaway to recharge the batteries, I cannot think of a better place to visit and would highly recommend it to all of our friends. We will definitlely be going back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here OCT 28, and it was very beautiful! The welcome was great and very informative on what to do in the area and restaurants. Blue Monkey was an awesome place to eat. We received an upgrade for booking reasons and that was very nice! The home is so perfect and the outdoors is amazingly landscaped with an infinity waterfall into the lake. Loved the hammoks!
The breakfasts were so yummy, pumkin pancakes, thick bacon, fluffy eggs, caramel fruit, muffins with honey butter, bacon wrapped potatoes- just some of the things that were kindly served to us. Wonderful!

Room Tip: We stayed in the newer room on top right floor very private.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple