My husband and I recently spent two nights at Lookout Point celebrating our 46th Wedding Anniversary. We could not have selected a more wonderful location! Lookout Point Lakeside Inn is truly exceptional in every way. Our stay was in the Birdsong Room, decorated beautifully in blue and white toile with a balcony overlooking the gorgeous gardens and serene Lake Hamilton. When we arrived, we were shown to our room by the innkeeper, where a personalized card wishing us a Happy Anniversary waited for us on our bed. A romantic CD had already been placed for us in the CD player. There are 11 other uniquely and beautifully-decorated rooms from which to choose, as well as a condo at a nearby location.
The lovely grounds are beautifully landscaped and include a waterfall koi pond with a stream tumbling down the hill into the lake. Birds and butterflies abound. It is such a peaceful and calming setting.
You can choose to have the delicious breakfast served either in the lovely dining room or outside on the patio next to the sounds of the waterfall. Each morning a menu of the day is printed and placed on your table, along with fresh flowers.
We arranged to have a privately-catered dinner for just the two of us to celebrate our anniversary. It was served on the patio. Our chef, Eve, was a delight and she prepared for us an absolutely outstanding meal, including a refreshing salad, delicious pork tenderloin with cranberry orange and parmesan rice, and chocolate lava cake with fresh whipped cream and strawberries for dessert. Everything was beautifully prepared and seasoned, and was accompanied by a bottle of wine of our choosing. Outstanding!
Each afternoon there is an innkeeper's reception which includes white and red wines, an hors d'oeuvre, and a freshly-made dessert--during our stay a petite dish of apricot cobbler and slices of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. We shared the goodies and the time with other guests and had a wonderful time visiting with some very nice people and new friends.
While we were at dinner on Sunday evening, I arranged to have the Inn the Mood package delivered to our room, and we returned to find a chilled bottle of champagne, two champagne flutes, cheese, fruit, crackers and chocolates waiting on a crystal tray on our bed, as well as a beautiful longstemmed red rose on the pillow. Nice to sit on the balcony and toast the occasion!
In short, the owners and staff at Lookout Point offer an exceptional experience with no detail overlooked. Words alone can really not do it justice! It was the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary, and we plan to return as soon as possible to this special niche of serenity and beauty!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named in the Top 25 Small Hotels by TripAdvisor and one of the Top Ten Lakeside Hotels by ABC Good Morning America! Experience unparalleled pampering, peace and tranquility in comfortable luxury at the award winning Lookout Point Lakeside Inn. Situated on beautiful Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, Arkansas, every room features a stunning view of the lake, our beautifully manicured gardens, and the Ouachita Mountains. Savor a daily 'foodie focused' breakfast and afternoon Port Wine and Fine Cheese Reception, with Chocolate Truffles as well as tea. Our luxury Boutique Hotel in Hot Springs, AR is perfect for romantic getaways, small group meetings, and intimate weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Lookout Point Lakeside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lookout Point Lakeside Hotel Hot Springs
- Lookout Point Lakeside Inn b&b