“Fresh tastes!”

Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed July 12, 2018

We stopped in during vacation and had lunch because we knew they had lunch menu pricing which was reasonable We are serious TexMex food fans, and if you are expecting more traditional TexMex flavors, you might be surprised, but don't let this discourage you. It is delicious! The food tasted very fresh and had wonderful ingredients. You might consider going early in the lunch hour because the restaurant fills up fast and is a favorite with locals. Give it a try.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

My wifea dn I love this place. We went late after a movie and the food was still hot and fresh. The salsa is good and the service was great.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Service was fast and friendly. The manager is everywhere!!! The portions on the lunch specials were small but very good. Ask for extra salsa because you will need it. Reasonable prices were nice also.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Totally agree with bcl200 review. How can any restaurant serve food without ANY flavoring. I had Chile Rellano (sp?) that was accompanied with typical rice and beans and bland, bland, bland. 3 Salas were brought with the chips. All blah! Will definitely not recommend nor visit again. Service and speed was ok otherwise a 1 Star rating.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

She whom I love and I dined at La Hacienda for dinner on June 18. For decades, I've considered La Hacienda my favorite Mexican restaurant in Hot Springs. Alas, that is no longer the case.

We started with a relatively tiny bowl of queso dip, and it was quite good. Even at the modest cost of $3.99, however, it wasn't a good value. It was a significant and welcome step up from some of the free red salsa, which was ridiculously sweet. I was ready for some good cheese to take that sweetness off my palate.

For my entree, I ordered a #5 combo plate, which I outfitted with two cheese enchiladas and one tamale--served with Spanish rice and refried beans. Friends, I must report that the portion sizes of these items were close to 1/2 of what one expects. Everything definitely is smaller than it used to be. Even more problematic, all of it was doused with a mole sauce that also was far too sweet. After a couple of bites, I simply scraped off as much of it as possible, which made the taste much better. Mind you, the tamale was very dry to begin with, so losing the sauce was particularly unfortunate.

My partner ordered the shredded beef chimichanga, which was the highlight of the meal. It was good--not exceptional--but as with my entrees, it may have been the smallest chimichanga my partner has ever received. The rice and beans on both plates were okay, but nothing special to write home about.

My Dos XX Amber from the tap was quite good, and my partner reports that her traditional margarita on the rocks was okay--though not very strong.

All things considered, an average rating is all I can justify based on this experience. That's disappointing since La Hacienda once was the Mexican food flagship for Hot Springs. Sadly, one can cross it off the "must do" list when visiting the spa city.

1  Thank bcl208