“BEST VACATION EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Willow Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Springs
Willow Beach Motel
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Louisiana
“BEST VACATION EVER!!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We went to Hot Springs the weekend of July 23-25. We had tried to get cabins, condos, etc. Unfortunately we didn't start planning our trip until the Monday before we were to stay. We were lucky to get Room #8 at Willow Beach Resort and Cottages. We were unsure, after looking at web reviews, what to expect.

When we got to the location of the Motel we were quite surprised to see the outside looked just like the web pics. The lake was within' Touching distance. We opened the door to room 8 and THERE was the lake , maybe 10 feet from the door. There was 2 Full Size beds in the room and a sofa that would make into a bed. The Kitchenette in the room was so cute. :) There were Clean dishes, pots and pans, etc. for our use.

The best experience I had on our vacation was sitting outside eating a Chili Dog at the picnic table while my daughter fished off the little dock outside the room.

Willow Beach is located in the Heart of everything. We were within a mile of the Mall, walmart, Red Lobster, Fine dining restaurants, and the BEST Ice cream I have ever Had at SCOOPS.

The only disappointment I can think of was the little fridge in the room didn't appear to work well. It did finally keep our drinks cold after several hours.

We WILL be going back to Willow Beach in the future, maybe even the near future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank RipRoar69

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
El Dorado
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Have been staying there since the late '70s. It is in better shape now than in some of the times past. Room I had was CLEAN and well kept. It is NOT a condo (thank goodness!)
it is ON THE LAKE..steps from the room to the lake..price is unbelievable for the pool, the view, the peace....could not be better!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank gonecrusin
Texarkana, TX
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I have stayed at this motel for many years first with my children and now my granchildren. I try to come back at least once every summer. It is the most relaxing place to me. The check in staff are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and fresh smelling. It is an older motel, but if you are looking for a quiet, serene and peaceful place with a beautiful scenic view and a nice pool, just a few steps from fishing this is your place. It is directly on Lake Hamilton and in the mornings and evenings you'll see many Mallord ducks coming right up to lands edge. I'll be going back for many years to come.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank TXpeapatch
Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2009

My family has stayed at Willow Beach before, a few years ago and have stayed in lake condos the past couple of years. We saw the reviews and were concerned they let it run down. We couldn't afford the condo this year and gave Willow Beach a shot. Everything was just what we expected, boat ramp, boat slip, pool. A clean room and the bathrooms have been remodeled, at least in our room which was always a drawback. There was a new AC and a sofa in the room. We like the lake, swimming and being close to town. The price was half of the condo last year so we could bring our boat and spend more time on the lake. The parking lot is small and it is hard to get around sometimes. The housekeepers are not at the motel, they come around each days with fresh towels. Overall, we had a good time with no major problems.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank banintexas
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at this motel in early May and am finally getting around to this report. When I arrived here and opened the door to my room I could not believe the view from the sliding glass door. You are only about 15-20 feet from the lake. I found the room to be clean and quite comfortable and it had a kitchenette as well which came in very handy for the times I did not feel like going out to eat. Also having free long distance calls was a nice touch so I could keep in touch back home. Out behind your room you will find picnic tables as well as barbecue grills. This property also has a clubhouse and pool which I did not get to use but both looked well kept. In closing I'd just like to say if you are looking for a great value on Lake Hamilton look no further.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank OHIOSOXFAN
Thibodaux, LA
Reviewed June 11, 2008

There is one word to describe this hotel - FILTHY! There was mold growing in the tub/shower area. The coffee pot was still dirty from the last users. There were spider webs in every corner. There was old candy and food behind the furniture that no one bothered to clean up before we checked in. The carpets were not vaccumed before we checked in and appeared to have dirt built up in the corners.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Avoid this place like the plague!!
I reported these many problems to the manager at the front desk who told me that the Property Managers would contact me. I haven't heard a word from anyone!!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — filth
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank twocops

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Scroggins, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2007

Actually the location can not be beat, and we have stayed their
often. It is an older motel with disrepair, but that is not a problem
with us.

However, with this last experience, it is truely the dirtiest
motel I have ever stayed in. Since, it has kitchen facilities,
this is not good. I complained to the property management
service that rented to us. They said that only the minimum cleaning was done except for once a year when they did
deep cleaning. With our experience this is not good
enough. The outside grill was worse than awful. The back
walls were dirty. The oven and cabinets were not good.
Dirt showed from the bottom of the ceiling fan which means
the top of the fans would be really bad.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness and bad check in
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Caddo