“Relaxation with a great lake view”
Review of Willow Beach Motel

Willow Beach Motel
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at this motel in early May and am finally getting around to this report. When I arrived here and opened the door to my room I could not believe the view from the sliding glass door. You are only about 15-20 feet from the lake. I found the room to be clean and quite comfortable and it had a kitchenette as well which came in very handy for the times I did not feel like going out to eat. Also having free long distance calls was a nice touch so I could keep in touch back home. Out behind your room you will find picnic tables as well as barbecue grills. This property also has a clubhouse and pool which I did not get to use but both looked well kept. In closing I'd just like to say if you are looking for a great value on Lake Hamilton look no further.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank OHIOSOXFAN

Reviewed June 11, 2008

There is one word to describe this hotel - FILTHY! There was mold growing in the tub/shower area. The coffee pot was still dirty from the last users. There were spider webs in every corner. There was old candy and food behind the furniture that no one bothered to clean up before we checked in. The carpets were not vaccumed before we checked in and appeared to have dirt built up in the corners.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Avoid this place like the plague!!
I reported these many problems to the manager at the front desk who told me that the Property Managers would contact me. I haven't heard a word from anyone!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank twocops
Reviewed October 29, 2007

Actually the location can not be beat, and we have stayed their
often. It is an older motel with disrepair, but that is not a problem
with us.

However, with this last experience, it is truely the dirtiest
motel I have ever stayed in. Since, it has kitchen facilities,
this is not good. I complained to the property management
service that rented to us. They said that only the minimum cleaning was done except for once a year when they did
deep cleaning. With our experience this is not good
enough. The outside grill was worse than awful. The back
walls were dirty. The oven and cabinets were not good.
Dirt showed from the bottom of the ceiling fan which means
the top of the fans would be really bad.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Caddo
Reviewed June 8, 2007

The motel was a great place for family fun. Easy access to swimming and fishing. The rooms need minor repairs, but still very adequate. Close to eating , shopping and attractions.
Would return again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank apron
Reviewed April 23, 2007

We were looking for a quiet place on the lake and found a great hotel. The hotel is kinda old but in good shape. Its right on lake hamilton and just far enough from the city to be so nice a peaceful. The hotel doesn't offer maid service but everyday someone did provide us with clean towels. The outside patio was kinda dirty from the last tenats. But the room was really clean. We enjoyed our stay and will definitly return in the future. We weren't able to enjoy the pool but it looked really nice. This is a great place for the price and would surely reccomend it if your on a budget looking for a nice get away.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank tlongino
Reviewed April 13, 2007

Willow Beach is an older motel in Hot Springs that is right next to Lake Hamilton. We enjoyed our stay at this motel even though the property needs some minor repairs in the rooms. You can't beat being right on the lake. The rooms are spacious and feature a kitchen area and living room area with couch. Our son said this was one of his favorite places of all the places we have stayed over the years during vacation. We would definitely stay again when we return to the Hot Springs area and I am glad that someone recommended this motel to us through Trip Advisor's forums. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank rnmom247
Reviewed September 28, 2006

This was a great little motel that is an excellent property for the price. You can't stay much closer on the water than you do here. It was quiet and you can't beat the price for the value of the property. It is less expensive than most normal hotels and this one is all lakefront. If you are not interested in fancy decor and want a lakeside property, this is your best bet.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank rbv21