“Locals lunch”

Ranked #9 of 288 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We ate lunch on a Saturday here, referred by the owner of our B&B. It was delicious! Locals vibe, not touristy at all...I had a tuna melt and some tomato basil soup that knocked my socks off, my husband had a chicken fajita wrap of some sort...he wanted my tuna melt after trying it. We can't wait to go back, this time we will both get the tuna :)

1  Thank Rachel B

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great Deli, Dessert and Gourmet food all prepared daily. Be sure to try the tomato soup it is one of a kind. Nice selection of salads, soup, sandwiches to baked potato to tamales , just to much to list.
The dessert bar is anywhere from homemade cookies, to cake, to tortes. Again to many to list.

I highly recommend the 1217 cafe. Some of the portion sizes were small but it was enough to fill you up.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

VisitedCafe 1217 after reading local reviews that raved about how good and fresh the food was and how much it was enjoyed. Went with high expectations and came away very disappointed. The wait staff have no feeling for the customers. Not friendly almost arrogant. Not expected for Hot Springs where everyone is very customer oriented. I ordered shrimp and crawfish patty with spinach, artichoke jalapeño casserole. I think it might have been good had it been warmed. It was served at room temperature. My spouse ordered the pork chop which lay on top of an unsightly,unidentified-glob of brown stuff. How fresh? Probably not much since it sits out in a viewing glass cooler all day. The expensive lemonade was also sitting out all day. Will not return!

2  Thank sue n
Reviewed August 21, 2013

From salads to veggies to gluten free sandwiches to soup, it was so hard to decide what to get because everything looked so delicious. I over-ordered because I just wanted to try so much - I had tamales, chicken salad sandwich, basil tomato soup with a side salad and a side of carrots and rosemary new potatoes. Oh, so yummy. I don't know what the secret ingredient in the tomato soup was - maybe some kind of cheese - but it was delicious. Highly recommended. A number of the dishes like veggies and salads can be seen in the deli style glass counter and they all looked so good. So many options, so delicious. Highly recommended if you are visiting Hot Springs!

1  Thank GlutenIntolerant
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family of four (two adults and two children) ate at Cafe 1712 when in Hot Springs July 2013. We were thrilled to find it because of the difficulty of finding a place that offers gluten free fare for our nine year old with allergies. The food was good - we ordered salads, wraps and sandwiches. However when we got our bill we were shocked - $73.65! We even had the employee recalculate it because I could not believe that was possible. We could have gone to a fine steakhouse for that bill. I will not return.

3  Thank Lynkro