“Worth a visit”

McClard's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #22 of 274 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin, Texas
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

While passing through Hot Springs, AR we asked some locals at the airport what they were known for and McClard's was mentioned as a place that President Clinton loved.

Bring cash because they do not accept cards and get the ribs. Cole slaw was great along with the beans.

Clinton's picture is on the wall.

Malvern
“Absolutely delicious”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you can wait out the crowds and don't mind hovering over tables to snatch up the next empty one, I'd highly recommend this place. It's very small and very popular, so you really do have to stand around being quite crowded and hover by to grab a spot to eat as they don't hold tables for folks.
They have the most amazing tamale spread. Tamales covered with bbq, fritos, LOADS of cheese, and onions. Seriously, so good. I also love the chopped beef - but know that they don't put cole slaw on top unless you pay a good bit extra. Instead, it's chopped cabbage and mayo. That may be fine with some, but it was a surprise to me. Their cole slaw is so good, I usually pay the extra. The fries come in a large order that we usually share.
I'll be truthful that I've never found the people in there to be overly friendly. The service is quick and the folks are attentive, but they've never just been outright friendly. The bbq is so good, I generally just deal with it - or place my order to go.
They do not take credit/debit cards.

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“best bb-q on this trip”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

it was bike weekend in hot springs and mcClard's was full, we were told to stand over this table where the people were almost done. the serves was outstaning, quick and pleasant. we had ribs, ribs and more ribs!!!!! they came with the tips still on, they had the best of both the rib and the extra meat of the tip, most places I've been don't give you both. Most give you the rib or the tips, they give you both. the flavor of the meat was the best very high quality, a little sauce on and extra on the side if you wanted it. you can get them dry or wet, and add sauce as you wanted. an must if you get to hot springs

Visited September 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Yum! Neat place.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

On vacation, we stopped in a pawn shop on our way to lunch. The guys in the shop recommended McClard's - we figured the locals know what they're talking about so we went. I am not a big fan of bbq, but they said it's Bill Clinton's favorite bbq joint so why not. ha We really liked it. We sat at the counter and had a couple of Shiner's and some chopped pork. I see other reviewers didn't like it but I did (great fries!). The bbq sauce is so good we bought a bottle to take home. The place is cool and the people were friendly and the beer was cold. If this place was in Fort Worth, I'd eat there all the time.

• Visited August 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Hot Springs Bar-B-Q”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you like tamales, get the half or whole spread. Not only will you get tamales, you will get bar-b-q beef, fritos, cheese and onions. If you are the purist, then just enjoy the bar-b-q.

• Visited August 2013