“Too expensive and what's up with the tamales?” 3 of 5 bubbles

McClard's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #25 of 269 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Galveston
“Too expensive and what's up with the tamales?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Tamales with no masa? Is that a joke? Crowded, hot, not very friendly. Expected a lot more from the place being sooooooo crowded.

Visited March 2013

Naperville, Illinois
“I really wanted to like this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

No, I really REALLY wanted to like this place. I had read a lot of the reviews saying this was the best in Arkansas and I was extremely disappointed. Everyone loves this place - I didn't. They didn't have ribs (maybe that's what everyone loves??) and the meat was just not tasty. In fact it had no taste at all. I can't even describe (tastefully) what the tamales looked like, but they tasted worse. I have eaten at the best BBQ places around the country (Bryants, Bob Gibsons, 17th St., etc.) and never I have been so let down.

Newburgh, Indiana
“Maybe,Twenty years ago”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We go to Hot Springs every racing season. Beautiful place, fine folks. We have a restaurant ourselves and love to eat out. After reading and hearing about McClards for years we finally went. This was perhaps my biggest disappointment in ding out. We felt like we were putting these people out by ordering too much. The ribs were the worst I've ever had, the pork was fat and the beans lacked any seasoning. Please don't judge the rest of the town by theses guys. Just don't waste your time here.

chicago
“unfortunately not good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

if this is the best que in arkansas,then arkansas is in trouble. visiting hot springs, we had to try one of the oft written about places.

i have eaten in all the great joints in texas,k.c.,memphis and north carolina- this finishes dead last.

how the actor from amadeus touts this as best ever is beyond me.

maybe the ribs are good- they had run out the night we were there.
the pork was tasteless as were the beans.
just so very average.

they do have a nice neon sign tho

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Classless Rude Cashier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I hate writing a bad review about one of my favorite places to eat.
As usual my food was great and as usual I revived good service
Howhever the person at the cash register is totally unaware how to greet the public
I had to stand in front of her with money in hand for almost five minutes while she looked at old high school buddies and totally ignored me, the customer
I understand that she can get away with it because she is family. I think her name is Brenda chubby with dyed black hair
She never says thank you for coming but acts totally bored with her job
If she was my family member she would never see a customer
Not at unusual for McClards cashiers to visit with themselves while service is WAY last

• 5 of 5 bubbles