“Not my kind of bar-b-q”
Review of McClard's Bar-B-Q

McClard's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #21 of 287 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Normally a really crowded place and I know a lot of people that absolutely love McClard's, but the bar-b-q sauce is too tangy for me and there wasn't a choice of sauces the last time I was there. i prefer my bar-b-q sweet.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Based on asking around, I was told to go to McClard's for BBQ: boy, it was the best advice I received! On one evening, I got the BBQ brisket/pork combo and was so happy I could barely contain myself! What a great meal. And, the coleslaw is really, really good and those beans are so delicious, it was just a real treat to eat at McClard's. NOTE: I couldn't stay away, and the next evening, I had their ribs n' fries! Dang! Those ribs were the some of the best I have eaten and after that wonderful experience, I just didn't want to leave! My new home: McClard's, of course! I'll have to check now for FedEx meals-by-air! This is a must-eat situation! The staff was great and cordial and I appreciated that.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

the downside is the wait at prime time and no place to wait except in the doorway and race to grab a seat when someone gets up. No organizing of who was waiting longer. Portions are large. Best coleslaw and baked beans. !/2 tamale spread portion can feed 2 easily. Meats are lean and good smoke taste. My favorite sauce in the USA. Guess I could have gone to 4 stars if the wait wasn't so unpleasant. Outside restrooms don't bother me too much. Don't take CCards but will take local checks.

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Older place off the main path is well worth trying if you like good BBQ. Be expecting the place to be full, but we got seated quickly.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Whenever I am in the area, I always go for some good old fashioned BarBQ at McClards. The service is fast. The place is not pretentious and very often members of the McClard family are in eating and chatting, unbeknownst to many patrons. Interesting history and food enjoyed by many people far and wide. The food is fantastic as are the portions. I had chopped beef with sides of slaw and beans.