“Living on reputation”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have been going there at least three times a month for over fifty years in the last few years the food has been inconsistent the sauce seems to take wide taste swings as well the food will be hot one day and cold the next. I don't think anyone in the kitchen is tasting their own food Still good food but not what it was. Going there forever and they don't know my name or care.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Took friends from out of town here and they totally loved it! I'm vegetarian and I even found something yummy to eat. Super nice service and fun atmosphere!

Reviewed November 27, 2011

This joint is an old BBQ joint where locals pack the place. Very casual, tangy and spicey sauce that they ship anywhere and BBQ pork and beef. Ribs are great, chopped pork sandwiches good, cole slaw yummy and french fries are theh old fashioned cut and fresh fried. The place is very casual...it is almost like an old fashioned diner, but they do serve beer. Important fact: THEY DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS! SO BEWARE.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

My husband and I have stopped at many BBQ resteraunts that just doesn't live up to all the hype but this place delivered! The ribs were AMAZING! The sides were wonderful as well and our food was brought to us it seemed 5 minutes after we ordered and the place was packed with locals. I wished we stayed another day so we could have ate there again so I could have tried something else!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Pics of Bill Clinton everywhere;BBQ was ok. Not great BBQ. They have been written up in many travel mags as GREAT BBQ, but I just wasn't that impressed. Was dry BBQ w/ rather too spicy a sause. Cash only so beware.
Cole slaw was quite good. Beans were bland.