“A favorite of the local hotels”

Via Roma Italian Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 273 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Family owned Italian fine dining restaurant that serves pasta, chicken, veal, seafood, lamb and beef dishes cooked on the spot, by order, with prime meat, fresh and best quality ingredients.
Memphis, Tennessee
“A favorite of the local hotels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was recommended by the shuttle driver at a local hotel. As a matter of fact, as we were passing an italian restaurant and suggested we get off there, he said, for Italian, you want to go to Via Roma and he headed that way. We'd already had a cocktail at the hotel and were feeling generally agreeable since we didn't know much about the local restaurants.

Once we arrived, he walked us in the door and made sure that the the restaurant knew he had brought us there.

The atmosphere was as has been been described by others, very nice. Linen table cloths, napkins, chair covers, all very clean and without stain.

The service was very very very good and we tipped the server accordingly.

Now for the food. I can only speak for what I had. The bread was served with an avacado / olive spread that was very nice. One at our table ordered a calamari appetizer which was as good as I've had other places. This was done but not overly cooked or browned.

My entree was Veal Marsala, my go to choice when it's on the menu. The Veal was good, and the marsala sauce was decent though I would have preferred a stronger flavor such as I've enjoyed at other Italian Restaurants. I was not dissapointed by the entree which I would give a 4.

The side dishes consisted of mashed potatoes that was slightly warm along with a mixture of vegetables consisting of zuchinni, carrots and green beans. The vegetables were overcooked in my opinion, just warm and somewhat bland. I was disappointed by the side items. Give them a 2.

Price wise, the entree was about $22 which is not outrageous for veal. For 5 people we had a tab of $190 which included a glass of wine for each (and two for some).

I'm rating this a 3 plus... It's not a 4 in my opinion but I've never met a 5.... yet. .

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank larioransomi

“Good food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Loved the ambiance and the service we received! The food was very good! The meals range from about $20-30. It's a nice romantic place to have a good Italian dinner!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Haley H
“Expectional experience. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

For a small town, Via Roma Italian, has a big town favor and good service. They started small but they have expanded just by word of mouth. Just let you know joe great the food and owners really are.

1 Thank Colleen814
Coos Bay, Oregon
“Happily Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Really nice quiet place to sit and enjoy good food and good company. We went the night BEFORE Valentines Day to beat the crowd.The waiter, though very young, was very helpful and very honest when questioned about his choices on the menu. When I asked about the eggplant parm he said "I just don't like eggplant so I've never tried it myself". Thank you for the honesty. The meal was delicious. From our fried calamari so nice and light, to my boyfriends yummy veal and at the end a very light and creamy tiramisu that was amazing. This was worth the price and I will be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank bharts73
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Delightful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The sauce on the penne vodka with shrimp was perfect - not too heavy but still rich. Though not usually a green olive fan, the sauce that came with the bread was very good. Creme brule was wonderful, and the complimentary after dinner drink matched perfectly. Ambience was dark and cozy and the service was outstanding. Very reasonably priced for food and service of this quality. We will definitely return whenever we are in Hot Springs.

• Visited January 2014