“Sweet Jesus!! The Burgers!!”
Review of Grindhouse Hot Springs - CLOSED

Grindhouse Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 23, 2014

A little hard to find. A little quirky inside. Kind of a punk rocker-skateboarder vibe to it. Hate the black padded chairs...
But the burgers!! It is ALL worth it for the burgers!! Quite possibly the BEST burger I've had in YEARS! I got my well done (as always) and it was cooked perfectly, but still almost explosively juicy!!
Have I mentioned the burgers?
I got the Madden. Oh. My. God.
We went back the next day just to have the burgers again before we left.
Venture outside your comfort zone and go here..

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went with a group of friends and the service was HORRIBLE!! There was a table in the corner that got 4x the service we did and she had to walk past us to GET to that table. Kept having to get her attention EVERY time we needed a refill ( Keep in mind the are 6oz glasses with ice.) I asked for a refill and my friend asked for one, she took my glass returned with my refill and left the table without taking his glass. We waited for an HOUR to get food for five people. Once the food was finally brought to us it stood a chance of being good, but it was cold by the time we got it. One person's hot dog was missing 3 toppings. He also did not receive his side, but was charged for it and was only refunded a partial amount ($1.00 of the $1.50 cost). Another person's Haze Burger ( Burger patty between two grilled cheese sandwiches) was not grilled at all on the bottom sandwich. One person's chicken strips were overcooked. One girl got the tacos which I would not recommend because there is absolutely nothing to them. Especially for the price. The only thing that was hot in the entire meal were the fries and they were not entirely cooked.

Thoroughly disappointed with the service. We paid for our meals and waited for our change. We are typically good tippers, but had decided not to leave a tip. After sitting for several minutes we approached the bar to find that our change had been placed in the tip jar without our instruction. They simply assumed we did not want our change.

Not only will I never eat here again and strongly encourage that others not eat here, if it were my restaurant I would fire the thin, long dark haired waitress that was working at 6:30 Feb 22, 2014 and consider it the best business decision I ever made.

In total this was the most horrible hour and a half experience we have had in a long time.

2  Thank recox
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Found the atmosphere strange. I understand they are a pub and it's suppose to be dark. The music was quite different. The seating was lumpy and we sunk down while trying to reach the table. Liked that the wait staff brought us water in a glass carafe and left at our table. One waitress was taking care of all tables. To be fair, it was a Wednesday night and slow, but I was glad we had plenty of time to wait. Found it odd that so many folks were coming and going behind the bar and back room. As far as I could tell there was a cook, the waitress, and a young lady controlling the music. But, we watched probably 8 different people walking back and fourth. We were excited that they advertise they grind the meat there and the bread was fresh baked. But, I really wasn't impressed with the hamburger. The truffle fries weren't good either. They were cold and greasy and tasted like they were re-fried. We spent 25.00 for a couple of burgers and water to drink and it was just ok. The menu is very limited which explains why everyone reviews the hamburgers. Don't think I'll be back.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The burgers were absolutely delicious, and totally worth the visit if you can get past the atmosphere which was just...weird. I don't know how else to describe it.

I sat down at a booth and sunk down so low I felt like I was a kid...the table was at my chest level and I am 6' tall! It did impact my enjoyment of the place even though my burger was delicious. I don't remember the name of it but it had Brie and pesto on it. Once I bit into that, it made the seating arrangement more tolerable. If they'd invest in better furniture, it would be a top notch place!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I am only giving 5 stars because the burgers were AMAZING!!
Watch out though, owner! Your servers don't take notes as to how much to charge each guest. I don't know if it was because he was new or because there was multiple checks at one table or what but he didn't charge us for 3 drinks that we had. Drinks is what will make your $$!
I suggest new, experienced servers!! Otherwise, I don't see your new, delicous, business staying open long!