“Weird Atmosphere/Excellent Food”

Cuisines: American
Overland Park, Kansas
“Weird Atmosphere/Excellent Food”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The burgers were absolutely delicious, and totally worth the visit if you can get past the atmosphere which was just...weird. I don't know how else to describe it.

I sat down at a booth and sunk down so low I felt like I was a kid...the table was at my chest level and I am 6' tall! It did impact my enjoyment of the place even though my burger was delicious. I don't remember the name of it but it had Brie and pesto on it. Once I bit into that, it made the seating arrangement more tolerable. If they'd invest in better furniture, it would be a top notch place!

Visited January 2014

Little Rock, Arkansas
“AMAZING BURGERS!!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I am only giving 5 stars because the burgers were AMAZING!!
Watch out though, owner! Your servers don't take notes as to how much to charge each guest. I don't know if it was because he was new or because there was multiple checks at one table or what but he didn't charge us for 3 drinks that we had. Drinks is what will make your $$!
I suggest new, experienced servers!! Otherwise, I don't see your new, delicous, business staying open long!

• Visited January 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
“Good hamburger with bad service”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I went to eat with friends on a Friday night. We had a party of 7. The hamburger was good. Our waiter was drunk before we finished our food. Therefore, it took over 30 minutes from the time I asked for my check until the time I got my change. He was only taking care of two out of the four checks at the table.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank AccountantForYou
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Outstanding burger!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

New place and seems to still be getting organized. Our server was congenial & knowledgeable but no employees seemed to be in a hurry!

Visited October 2013
Arkansas, United States
“Great Burgers but Service Lacking”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I usually enjoy off-beat places like this, but would only recommend this place for couples or to-go orders. To be fair, this place is geared more toward a 18-25 yr old crowd. It was recommended by our hotel staff, which really missed the mark. Our group consisted of 3 adults over 55, 4 adults between 25-35 (myself included), and a 5 year old. Definitely not the place to go with a group (or kids).

Inside, the dining area is very small. There were 6 other guests there when we arrived around 6:00. The decor reminds me of a half grunge/half punk DIY dorm room project but there's nothing fun about it. The wait staff looked completely overwhelmed (irritated?) when we walked in, and after a short wait, pushed two tables together awkwardly to accommodate us.

The full menu is interesting and I was looking forward to trying something new, but we were told after we were seated, that because there were 8 of us we would only be allowed to order off two pages of the menu. The reason they gave us was that they could only make 4 burgers at a time.

I ordered the Gonzo burger. The pricing on the burgers is high enough that you expect them to be really good, and they delivered for the most part. They have a lot of interesting burger options, such as a grilled cheese sandwich burger and their fries are served with truffle oil.

One of the tables they sat us at was very wobbly and we ended up sticking folded napkins under the leg to keep it straight. The furniture (table chair couch combos at different heights) didn't make for very comfortable seating so we ended up splitting the group into two different areas. Refills on our drinks didn't come often enough. The staff wasn't rude, just didn't seem trained to handle more than four guests at a time. In one word, the entire experience was awkward.

The food would be worth going back for, except I felt so uncomfortable there I probably won't.

• Visited August 2013