“Diamond in the rough”
Review of Smyly's Crab Shack - CLOSED

Smyly's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I have passed by this joint a few times because it has the looks of a night club from the highway. A friend told me that they had the best stark he had ever eaten (at a restaurant), so I had to see for myself.
I have to say that I was impressed. I ordered the 16 oz ribeye platter, medium rare, and it was perfect. Not sure if its the best I've ever had, but it was great. Just the right amount of seasoning, too.
I also tasted the crab legs, and they were as good as you will find inland.
We had fried green beans for an appetizer, and I would say that this is a must!
We ate around 6:00, and the place was nearly empty, but we drove by the restaurant/bar at around 8:30 and the parking lot was packed, so the night life is probably pretty lively, too.
I recommend this restaurant, and I will be back!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The kitchen is filthy, the waitresses are nothing but bar rats with no ambition to do anything in life except beg for tips and get off to go to longshots ( another bar ) and the security are "wonna be tough guys". A terrible waist of a good location.

1  Thank Gunnerstall05
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just a total dive on the lake. Ordered their Smyly's starter sampler...two bites and left the place.
It is dirty , smelly and how they stay in business I will never understand. The tables on the out door deck were dirty and people sitting around smoking . So the smell of smoke and old fish oil was enough to make you gag.

1  Thank sneakypeter_10
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is truly a sort of shack that enjoys a reputation for cold beer and loud bands. I guess they serve food, but never had anyone tell me anything about it. Crowded and smoky with a gravel parking lot. Seem to be a local hangout of sorts, but you are liable to see lots of folks you know even if you are from out of town...

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Seafood is hard to prepare, and if the chef.... make that "chef" doesn't know what he or she is doing, you end up with rubber food. We had rubber food on a dirty table. The only thing that was crabby was the waitress... I don't recommend it.

1  Thank Puddleduckie