“Great day at the races”

Oaklawn Racing & Gaming
Ranked #13 of 78 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: An unusual feature to see in a National Park is this world-class horseracing track.
Texarkana, Arkansas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great day at the races”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Wonderful weather, good food, great crowd. The casino has been enlarged and is very nice and open. Clean restrooms and common areas.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank rgoodner

Little Rock, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Something fun to do in HotSprings”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I made a quick trip to Hot Springs on a Tuesday night for a business appointment Wed. morning. Even though we had business to take care of it was a night without the kids (ages 2,3,11)!!! We checked into our hotel and started browsing through the city directory for something to do. We decided to start at the Gaming center, and if that wasn't fun we would move on to the next thing in the directory. Parking is free and the lot is well lit. The gaming areas are divided into smoking and non-smoking areas. Security and staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The slots were fun, we would win money and then loose money ( mostly every machine my husband touched was a winner, and every machine I touched took money). Overall we had a lot of fun. I did notice that the waitresses for drinks were not very attentive or friendly. This did not bother us because we just go to the bar ourselves. We did not "WIN BIG" but for the fun and entertainment the money we lost was well worth it. We are planning to go back.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Chloe B
Kingwood, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Don't bother”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is definitely NOT the place to go play the "slots." I did NOT see one person win the two times I was there over New Years/Christmas break! Not even $10 !! I gamble pretty frequently in Louisiana and Mississippi and this place is a waste of time. You can forget about the free drinks; they are non-existent. The lines to even get a drink are very long unless you want a beer. Also, I read a post earlier about the lack of customer service. I definitely agree. We were not greeted by any of the employees/security/bartenders - nobody. This is not the place to go try you luck at the slots - I don't think the place is regulated since true "gambling" is illegal in Arkansas. Next time, go to Louisiana or Mississippi. I was not impressed at all.

2 Thank AllyWot
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Dont go!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

In my opinion, the gaming is rigged to make sure Oaklawn makes an unnatural profit to grow the racing venue. They have stated as much in the local paper numerous times. Stay away from the gaming area or keep your money in your pocket. You don't stand a chance.

7 Thank Bob G
Hot Springs, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Play by their own game”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I suppose the horse racing is ok. But on the 'casino' side, if you expect a vegas-like payout table and reasonable return on their pseudo-gaming machines, you better look somewhere else. Have been playing these for over two years and am convinced they must have some 'special' payout settings. They suck and you are the sucker. Keep driving.

2 Thank Rebecca T