“Great time, as always!”

Oaklawn Racing & Gaming
Ranked #13 of 82 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: An unusual feature to see in a National Park is this world-class horseracing track.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went to Oaklawn on a "Girls' Weekend" and had a great day! We were sitting in a friend's box, so we didn't have to fight the crowds that were there that day. Our group ate the traditional corned beef sandwich, a gourmet turkey sandwich, and other sandwiches. All the food was good. Lines were long that day for drinks from the bar, but we managed to drink a few beers. :) Reasonable price for beer. A little high on the liquor costs, but not unexpected. So glad that the smoking section is quite small and keeps the majority of the place smoke free...now if they would just build a glass wall to fully contain the smoke, it would even be better. More kids running around than I expected, since you can't bet until 16. We parked in a yard a couple blocks away and had an easy time getting out at the end of the day. We'll definitely go back next year! Fun day!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The food was reasonable in price and taste; nothing fancy but we did not pay any exorbiant prices either. It was not quite the family outing that I had hoped for after seeing some of the other reviews about taking the kids and whole family to the race track but at least the food was decent although parking was a disaster.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was our second time going to Hot Springs for the races. My husband loves horses and the Oaklawn Race Track is a nice place--lots of available parking, clean restrooms, food available. We went three different times and twice had lunch and watched the races from the Carousel Room. Each table in the Carousel has it's own TV screen so you can watch the races that way or through the windows. There is a buffet which was quite good and you also can order from the menu certain days of the week. You can wager on the racer or just watch and enjoy the races and the people.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nothing to dislike, except maybe the price of beer! Then, ofcourse, it is more fun to win with the ponys!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The track and grass area is very clean and manicured. This was my first time to go to sit in the grass area and there were some shade trees available. It could use a couple more due to the amount of people there. If this is where you want to hang out, you might bring a chair with you. We did have lunch from a consession stand and my polish hot dog was burnt and hard. I used the electronic betting system sometimes due to the line being shorter but I did not like getting a ticket back instead of cash. I prefer a live teller and getting MY money. I did go to the casino where I was given a $10 credit for my first visit. When I went to the poker table, I was disappointed it was computerized. The game went quickly since there was no shuffling and it was hard to look at my cards only using my finger to view them.