“Price to pay”

Oaklawn Racing & Gaming
Ranked #13 of 78 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: An unusual feature to see in a National Park is this world-class horseracing track.
Fresno, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Price to pay”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been to many racetracks but this is the only one I know that charges for everything from parking to pencils. The park is always filled with a crowd finding a place to sit is a challenge,watching the horses on the paddock is hard due to the crowd. I had a good time,it has many booths and tellers to place bet. I just didn't like the fact I had to pay for parking away from the track,entry,daily track sheet,pencil and refuse to pay for a $2 box of popcorn.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fun way to spend the day”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went with another couple who had reserved us a table in the Carousel Area upstairs and it was a very pleasant way to avoid the crowds and have table service while you watched on your private monitor. Unfortunately the buffet was very uninspired and I would have rather had one of their famous corned beef sandwiches ! Our waitress was very attentive and cleared our plates quickly and checked on us quite frequently. Another benefit was having our own area to place bets and uncrowded restrooms. We were there over a weekend and the price to reserve a table was less expensive on Sunday than it was on Saturday. Will definitely go back again next racing season !

West Plains, Missouri
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“always a pleasure”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

the track is just fun and enjoyable even when losing money. The thrill of the race and the fact that the "experts" do not have a clue and the racing form, beyer numbers seem to mislead rather than help. Never the less if you guess one right, it is payday. Wish we had experienced it, but hey, there is always next year.

Visited April 2013
Fayetteville,ar.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“fun was had by all”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Met a group of friends in a private box, it was close to the paddock and betting windows. I really prefer standing at the rail. It was cold and the track was sloppy. I bet and hit a couple long shots. Since it was cold and rainy we grabbed a table in The Post Parade restaurant. They have a ton of tv's so you can watch the races from your table. There's a $15.00 minumum but a sandwich and a beer covers that. I had a hot corned beef on marbled rye that was one of the best corned beef sandwiches I've ever had. It had enough sliced meat on it for two sandwiches. The Cajun fries are outstanding and the beer was ice cold. It's making me hungry just thinking about it. We had so much fun we're considering making this an annual trip.

Hot Springs, Arkansas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Good Casino, just not that into gambling.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff is average, not too friendly but not rude. They are always very busy so the staff can be described as "efficient".

The slots, blackjack table, etc. are standard and nice, Vegas style.

Drinks are a bit pricey. Food is cheap and very good.

Across the street is a Pizza place (one of the best in town) a fairly priced and clean hotel (that will give you a free $10 to Oaklawn) and a bar with pool tables and the best BBQ ribs I have ever had.

The location is good, easy to get to and a fun area of Hot Springs.

Visited June 2012