“Wonderful dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Wonderful dinner”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Started the dinner with the eggplant appetizer. It was very good. Followed that with the shrimp diavlo. It was good as always. I would recommend the house dressing with your salad. Also ask for the bread. It is buttered and well seasoned. Drinks were good. Also some nice being sang and played in the bar.

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Itilian”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Great food, great service, and a nice environment even with my 3 yr old. Later I heard I should have tried something that involved their pink sauce so I guess I'll be going back!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank SnowflakeApe
Oklahoma
“First time in new location”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

J & S was one of our favorite places to go when visiting Hot Springs. After the fire at the original location, we wanted to try it again. It is now in a strip mall and is totally different which is to be expected. We were greeted by the owner, Jamal and he seated us in the bar until our table was ready. The food was excellent and the wine good. Service was slow because it was a Saturday night on a holiday weekend and it seemed that they were understaffed. Aaron did a beautiful job trying to keep up with too many tables. It was also noisy and we had a hard time hearing each other. It just wasn't the same......missed the atmosphere at the old place.

• Visited May 2014
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Authentic Italian”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I would visit this restaurant again! The service is quite wonderful and the authenticity of the Italian food was excellent.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Doris P
“Really is Great food - it will not disappoint! - You're welcome in advance :-)”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Me and six girlfriends of mine traveled from Dallas to spend a quick 4-day "Spring" get-a-way in HotSprings the weekend of April 24-27. The weather was amazing and we made pretty good choices in food based on recommendations from friends...on our last night in Hot Springs, I, in particular, wanted Italian and could not remember the name of the Italian restaurant that had been given rave reviews, and so I looked on line and two had great ratings. I chose J & S, one of the two, because it was closest to the hotel we were staying in. When we arrived, from the outside, my first impression based on looks (it was in a shopping center) was underwhelming. Once inside, things improved. The ambiance and décor was very calm, relaxed, and classy...to make a long story short, the prices were reasonable, the bread was fresh out of the oven and great...the lentil soup (which I never had) was delicious and the entrees were scrumptious and very filling. Seven of us ordered different dishes and ALL seven of us enjoyed our meals tremendously. Not one disappointment. And not one "eh, it was ok". Everyone loved it and I got credit for picking a great restaurant! Turns out, without my knowing it, J&S was the name of the restaurant that I could not remember the name, the one that got the rave reviews, so it definitely lived up to the hype. On top of ALL of this...I forgot my wallet at the restaurant. Unbeknownst to me, they attempted to reach me via the number on my business card which was to the office (of course I did not get it until I arrived back in Dallas)...well frantic I called and they confirmed they had it and that nothing was taken and that they would ship it to me ASAP...and they did, overnight, no cost to me! Such a class act. When they informed me of this kindness they would extend I immediately felt relieved and was able to get back to my work week, worry free. Thank you sooooo much Jamal and J&S!!! May the Lord return your kindness.

Thankfully,