“Great food, service and atmosphere”

J & S Italian Villa
Ranked #42 of 288 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My sister and I went to Hot Springs recently. I don't recall the Italian name of my dish, but it was recommended by our waiter - a pasta dish with marinara & shrimp. My sister had Fettucini Alfredo. The food was wonderful, our waiter was very attentive, the portions were large (enough for dinner the next night) and I thought the prices were reasonable.

1  Thank barbi62

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have found on our two trips to Hot Springs that there are not a lot of quality restaurants to enjoy. We took the advice of a couple at our resort and tried J&S. The food was very good. I had Veal Marsala and it was very tasty. The salad does need some work but the bread was tasty and hot. The waitress was knowledgeable and friendly. Not at all snooty as some restaurants we have eaten at in other towns. The owner was gracious and informative. The noise level is a little high as we overheard the entire conversation of folks at a nearby table who were obviously enjoying lots of wine! The seating seemed a little crowded but we definitely will eat at J&S again when we return to Hot Springs.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This restaurant came recommended by our Timeshare. We ordered Veal Marsala and another veal dish with salad and wine. My wife's salad had probably 1/4 slimy leaves (you know the kind that looks like canned spinach). Wine was OK but I found my "bold" Chianti unremarkable although my wife liked her Pinot Grigio. Bread was buttered and loaded with garlic salt so much so that I had to brush my teeth when I got back home. Our entrees were large enough that we both took some home but again unremarkable.
Our waitress Angie was apparently loaded down with other tables as the server for the adjoining table, Arron, brought out our meals and also took the check back for payment. From the time I asked for the check until we were ready to leave was well over 10 minutes.
Ambiance was cute. With so many excellent Restaurants in Hot Springs I find it interesting how this restaurant can continue in business.

1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had eaten here some 6+ yrs ago with good success. We went here last night for my daughters birthday and ordered wine. They were out of "Acrobat" Pino Grigio so we ordered another
bottle of white and were soon told they did not have it either. So I ordered a bottle of "Greg gNorman Chardonnay. The waiter came out and tried to open that bottle but the wine cork broke off because it was too dry so he brought another bottle with same result. I finally got the cork out myself only to find it was vinegar tastjing meaning it was either improperly stored or old. The waiter offered a bottle of $50 wine which I did not want at that price. I then went to the bar manger and ask if they would would discount the $50. She said no so I just said forget the wine. We got our food with no wine. Food is actually decent but will not be back after that experience. Usually restaurants with wine inventory problems have other issues.

2  Thank Billarhs
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Wow. A fabulous Italian meal in a strip mall setting-who would have predicted that?! We went on a Wednesday night for a meal in the dining room. The adjacent bar was rockin'-turns out it was a very popular Ladies Night. We started with soups (creamy onion-yum!) and salads (homemade house creamy Italian dressing was excellent) then we all had a different pasta dishes-tortellini alfredo, spinach ravioli, and ricotta-filled manicotti. All were entirely homemade and delicious. We each also enjoyed a glass of house wine (both red and white, dry and sweet) and all were good, and the garlic bread brought to the table was delicious. The waitstaff was good, and the owner did stop by the table a couple times to make sure everything was OK, which was fine with us (we LIKE being waited on!).