“Yummy..”
Review of Jack's Pancake-N-Steak House - CLOSED

Jack's Pancake-N-Steak House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the western omelet, grits, and biscuits and gravy. All were very tasty and the portions were very generous. If you leave from here hungry, it's your fault! Service was good also. My coffee cup stayed filled. I would highly recommend this place!

1  Thank Rhonda M

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We got there at 10:20a.m we were second in line to be seated. We ended up being fourth to be seated and they sat two other couples before us. We were so confused, including the people that were sat before us. We sat down to a table and chairs that were filthy.
We ordered around 10:35 and sat for our two orders for 47 minutes before we walked out. I ordered a large orange juice and was given a coffee cup. when i asked if this was a large cup she said 'well of course it is', like im supposed to know what their Large Cup is...? The waitress had zero personality and when we asked about our food 20 min in she gave us a go to hell look and said 'it'll be here shortly'. My definition of shortly isn't another 27 min later. This place is pathetic.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Our habit is to always try new places when visiting new towns; sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. This time we lost at Jacks. )-: The place was very dated, dark, and worn-looking; the tabletops were very scuffed, and you felt as though you needed to apply hand sanitizer to everything before being seated. It was NOTHING like the previous reviews made it out to be. The buffet was about what you would expect to find in a hotel lobby, if that good; very little of the food was really tasty, although the grits were delicious. There were no pancakes on the buffet, and we didn't bother to ORDER any. The very friendly guy making the made-to-order omelets was pretty seedy-looking and kept scratching his head as he drank his beverage; the omelet was good, but the accompanying view was not what a person wants to see while dining. The coffee was HORRIBLE, so I finally ordered orange juice. Sorry for the poor review, but Jacks, in my humble opinion was just not a place I will EVER return to, nor will I recommend it to others. While we do try to frequent the local eateries while visiting new cities, we were very disappointed with this stop. I'm sure it was more a matter of our taste, rather than their establishment; different strokes for different folks.

1  Thank Traveller-for-hire
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is the place to bring your entire family. I love to come here and eat .Jack always stops and talks with his customers he treats each and every person as if they are family, and the servers are all very friendly and ready to help with anything you need.

1  Thank enfield3032
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have eaten here many times over the past years for breakfast and lunch. You can't go wrong eating the breakfast buffet or ordering off menu. Huge variety of breakfast items on the buffet. They keep the buffet fresh and clean. Have also eaten lunch here many times. Everything is good, but the chicken fried steak is the best. Due to a fire, Jacks was closed for awhile for remodeling and we really missed it. Glad they are back!