“Best ribs ever!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The ribs were tender, fall off the bone and delicious! The Sauce was excellent too. Cafeteria style made it quick to obtain the food and even though the restaurant is a bit small, it was clean and nice. I highly recommend Stubbys!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have cooked most of my life(60years) and I consider myself a pretty good pit man. I am sure there are those who like this que, but not for me or my wife. I use to frequent this joint, when it was on Park Ave, that is, in the early days before the owner sold out, It was one of the best barbeque joints in Hot Springs. The food today doesn't even come close to the old days.
I ordered the ribs, and I wanted the pot of bean,but they were out. The ribs were over cooked and the sauce tasted like it came from a bottle. The beans? no doubt, were right out of a can, YUCK! I order a deviled egg and wonder what happen to the devil, absolutely no flavor. ON a scale of one to ten I would rate this joint a three, there are far better barbeque joints in town, but for some reason many of them shut down from Christmas to the beginning of the race season.
It might be your choice, but I certainly can not recommend this que house.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Seriously - BBQ should never, ever, under any circumstances, be tough. One should never have to clamp one's back teeth down on the meat from the side to get a good grip, the pry and pull by bending one's head to the side while maintaining a firm grip with both hands on the loose side of the meat. I don't care what else is going on, in terms of a decent sauce, or sides, or whatever - the grabbing and pulling and horking and tearing thing should Never Happen with BBQ. Good hog, when properly BBQ'd, shold melt and slide off the rib, like a delicate petal of a flower that falls soundlessly and gracefully from the blossom, when it has reached it's peak of tenderness, filling the mouth with tasty joy and the soul with peace and goodwill towards all on the earth. THAT is BBQ. Not tearing it off by the hunk between your back teeth like some half-starved Bedouin ripping at a hunk of jerky. Stubby's has been around for a while, but I say the hog is too tough.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I am from Washington, DC and wanted to get some good southern BBQ. Stubbs surpassed my expectations. I got the pork platter and a bean pot. The meat was very tender and sauce was delicious.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great bbq, spectacular potato salad, ribs order plenty for 2 sauce delicious, take home some,wish i hadsome now