“Bring on the ribs”

Stubby's BBQ
Ranked #52 of 274 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Bring on the ribs”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

There are several good places for barbecue around town but this is my favorite! They have been hickory smoking meat since 1952 and I have been going about that long too. Fast service and good people. I use the drive up window before ball games so I can get sloppy with the ribs in front of the tv. Check out the stuffed potato if you are really hungry. I love their slaw and the baked beans are scrumptious.

• Visited August 2012

Clarksville, Arkansas
“Go for the 'pot of beans', y'all!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I'm a Texan with a soft spot for pulled pork. Hubby likes all BBQ, and we eat at Stubby's whenever we're in Hot Springs because of the pot of beans. Don't get me wrong, the BBQ is good and filling, but we can get good BBQ at other places too. The pot of beans is exceptional. They take their beans and add in the crusty bits of meat left behind on the chopping board. They may add BBQ sauce and other things too. I dunno how different they are from the regular beans 'cause I've never ordered them. We just stick with the Pot of Beans because it's a delicious treat and is worth the extra expense.

Service rating reflects that this is mostly a self-serve, order at the counter place and is no reflection on the staff.

• Visited November 2011
Marksville, Louisiana
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Good BBQ for the price Honey had Chicken and Rib's and I had Brisket... It was very good meal with lot's of great sides..... The Price was worth it compared to BBQ close to our home in Louisiana... We Will go back when ever we goto hot springs.....

• Visited August 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
“Above average BBQ, Overpriced”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

In a town that knows and appreciates good BBQ, Stubby's is conveniently located near the Race Track, unlike competitor McLards out on Albert Pike in a rundown area. We were pleased with the full racks with beans and slaw but truly thought the cost was excessive relative to other places in town. This is hardly fine dining, just another BBQ joint. Four people should be able to eat ribs and the trimmings with sweet tea for less than $100!

Visited August 2012
Springdale
“great meat”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Husband and I both liked the meat we ordered
chopped beef and pulled pork
I didn't care too much for the sides: slaw and beans
Husband disagreed

Checked out the license plates decorating the place
That was kind of neat, but then again, we are kind of nerdy like that

Saw something that the "American Pickers" would love to have