“Average”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Rockwall, TX
“Average”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My sister recommended this restaurant for breakfast so we decided to eat here instead of eating hotel food. The waitress was friendly and we were seated at a table by the window. Service was prompt and our order was soon taken. The coffee was weak. I ordered eggs over easy, bacon, grits and toast. My husband ordered eggs over easy, bacon, hash browns and toast. The eggs were cooked as we like them. The bacon was thick cut, that we do like. My grits were very clumpy but edible. My husband's hash browns were very greasy and had a weird taste. I gave this restaurant an average rating because of the view and the friendly waitress. Otherwise it would have gotten a poor rating. I would not eat here again and I would not recommend it to anyone either. Don't think that I will listen to my sister's recommendations anymore either.

• Visited October 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Breakfast with a View”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were one of the earliest parties on a Friday morning, so we got a prime window seat overlooking Lake Hamilton. The breakfast was great. Bacon, yummy, and eggs cooked perfectly. Coffee kept coming. What more could you ask for?

• Visited August 2013
“Rudest people I've ever seen!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We walked in for breakfast with 4 of us. We had to move chairs to accommodate the 4 of us. Sign said "seat yourself". We were then ignored for 5 minutes. No water, menus coffee. Nothing. One waitress cleaned the table next to us and never even acknowledged us. Every waitress totally ignored us, as if we were invisible Then a couple came in and sat down. Immediately they were brought water, menus and silver wear and were greeted with a big smile. We walked out! I couldn't rate the food as I have no idea how it was.

Our friends just moved their boat to a nearby marina and we were all looking forward to eating there. Needless to say, none of us will ever, be back.

• Visited July 2013
Palestine, Texas
“Wonderful Breakfast”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place was recommended when we took the paddle boat dinner cruise and it was everything they said it would be. Great view of the lake and good food.

Visited October 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good breakfast, good view, good salsa”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The waitress was off her game and not too personable, but the food was good and fresh. Really good homemade salsa goes well with eggs and omelets, but you'll need to ask for extra, because it comes in tiny plastic to-go cups. Gravy isn't homemade, but it's good. Cute decor, small place, cozy atmosphere, and some nice souvenir mugs for sale. Would deserve an extra star in the rating if the waitress had been more personable.

Visited March 2013