“Good Food”
Review of Dixie Cafe - CLOSED

Dixie Cafe
Reviewed May 31, 2012

A nice clean, reasonably priced, place to eat. I had the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans and ice tea. The steak was good, could have been a tad larger, the potatoes and beans were good. The gravy was kinda funky, but the tea was excellent.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I find it hard to believe "homemade" - there are lots of Dixie's; big selection of food - from fried liver & onions to big burgers.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

If you like good, no-nonsense, no frills Southern style cooking, then you might give Dixie Cafe a try. I had the Chicken 'n Dumplings with fried Okra and mustard greens on the side. The dumplings are really broad, flat egg noodles, which is fine by me and explained well by the server after I asked.
The yeast rolls are excellent and I finished off the meal by applying liberal amounts of honey on the last one.
Service by Barb was excellent.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Loved all the home-cooking options. I only wish we could have gotten to dessert!!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

My group decided to give this restaurant a try, and everyone was pleased, but the food was average. Service was prompt, and they were busy with customers.

I might try another establishment on my next visit to Hot Springs!