“Better than expected”

Dining options: Delivery
Fort Worth, Texas
“Better than expected”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

By the looks of this place we weren't sure we were going to like it, but another website rated it #4 of the top 10 best places to eat in Hot Springs so we gave it a shot. It was fantastic. The salsa isn't spicy but we liked the flavor and the chips are thin and good. I had a veggie quesadilla; it was hot and tasty and enormous! Much better than I expected from a Mexican food joint in Arkansas! My boyfriend had some enchilada platter with different sauces and they were all great (he really loved the rice, too). The place was clean, the service was fast & friendly & the prices were reasonable (we rolled out for under $20 and that included a beer). We will come again the next time we're in town. Sorry to read that others had a bad experience but we loved this place.

• Visited August 2013

Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
“One of our favorite places to eat!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Everything is good here - you can't go wrong. The food is good and the service is fast. One of my favorites is the Enchiladas Tipicas.

Visited March 2013
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Poor Customer Service and Staff”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I work near Don Juans and it is convenient for lunch. Some of the food is good and I love the queso. But the wait staff is so awful I don't ever want to go back. Recently, I was brought the wrong order, even though I had clearly stated what I wanted and pointed to it on the menu, I was made to feel it was my fault, with the person bringing my food saying " Well, did you tell her? You can't expect us to guess!" She said it twice. (Insulting and rude). Of course I told the waitress, she wrote it down and I told her as I pointed to it! The check never came, and I had to go to the register. I was asked what I had ordered and how much it was. I thought the item was $5.00, and the man at the register said "We don't have that for $5.00" I said it was around $5.00 and he said, after arguing with me for 2 minutes, that it was was $5.25. I said "Well, sorry, she never brought the check, I don't have the menu, whatever." Then I told him I was upset because I wasn't treated well, and that alot of us from work came over to eat each day. He said " I understand, alot of people, alot of problems". So we are problems.
Sorry, Don Juans. We are customers. I told him I wasn't going to come back, and he said " OK. Have a good day."
So, back at work, sharing my story with co-workers, I discovered that others, too, have been treated rudely at Don Juans. Maybe a boycott is in order. We make up 80% of their business, I'm sure. Hear that, Don Juans?

• Visited February 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good Last Minute Choice”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Riding our motorcycles thru Hot Springs, (as Im from TX) we were looking for a place to eat lunch and relying on our GPS, when Don Juan's popped up as the closest Mexican location, so off we went. The restaurant is in an older shopping center and is not the most attractive from the outside front. However we decided to go thru with the choice and were pleasantly surprised as the service and quality of food were certainly to all of our likings in our group of (4).

• Visited October 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Horrible service and over priced for value”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

If customers are a concern that fact accepts the staff and certainly the manger. Seeing hair in my food was horrible, only good thing was plenty of parking since few were there

Visited July 2012