“"The Fantasticks" was great!”

The Five Star Theatre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hands down, Hot Springs finest performance Theatre. Celebrating 31 years of business in Hot Springs. This beautifully remodeled venue has been transformed into one of Arkansas' only year 'round Dinner Theatres. Strategically located in the heart of historic downtown Hot Springs and adjacent to the visitor center, it is within walking distance of all the major downtown hotels. The theatre features plays though out the year and often brings in Branson music acts between performances. A 5 Star experience venue for a great night of entertainment and dining pleasure. Who has been on our stage? Governor Mike Huckabee, Tony Orlando, Yakov Smirnoff, Linda Davis, Lang Scott, Bill Whyte, Tommie Smothers, Jerry Van Dyke, The Browns, George Dyer, Tony Witt, Sonny Burgess and the Pacers, Todd Oliver and Irving the dog, The Platters and many more.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had an enjoyable evening watching "The Fantasticks" musical at The Five Star Theater. We thought it was a great rendition of a timeless classic!

1  Thank jayvestal
"entertaining evening"
"show starts"
"family entertainment"

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We enjoyed an italian dinner prior to enjoying the second presentation of the Fantastics. The food was very tasty, we were given a choice of beef or ham, with green beans, roasted potatoes, pasta with a cheese sauce, bread and dessert. Some went back for seconds but one plate was very filling. The play was exceptional, the players were very vocally talented and entertaining. I don't think that I would recommend it for small children, but it was a definite for teens and above. The establishment is older but the facilities were very clean and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were seated next to the stage, I would recommend a table a few feet back from the raised stage.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The show and the food was great! This was a first for me and a group of ladies. Thanks to Stacy for your assistance. We will be back.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The food was expensive and tasted horrible! Was excited to take my family some were special and it was anything but. The meat was tough, the green beans wasn't done! I normally don't complain but for my family of four it was almost 200 dollars. So I was expecting good food. Bad experience for myself and my family.

1  Thank BeckyandRobert
Tom W, General Manager at The Five Star Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

We appreciate all reviews even if they are less than we hope for. In this instance the reviewer said the food was far less than they expected and was overpriced for what they received. As far as the pricing is concerned, I think you will find when you compare prices to other Dinner Theatres we are far below the average for what we charge from our top quality dinners. The majority of our customers rave about our food for what choices and the quality you receive off our buffet. We are also known to specially prepared vegetarian plates for those who need such service. We also strive to keep the food fresh and warm. If it is not, we would like to know immediately so a complaint could be corrected if possible not after the fact when it appears to be a cheap shot. We pride our dining experience and our plays and concerts and want the customer to be pleased without hesitation. The comment about the pricing was totally inaccurate and misleading. Thank you for your comments and we will always work towards bettering our service.